New Business•

5 months later

5 months later.

Life was starting to turn around a bit. Silvia and his uncle managed to pull through. Marcus still not mobile. He was most likely be in a wheelchair for years. And he had a ventilator to help him breathe that he would have for a while.

He was still in the hospital but he would eventually come around. Silvia was back on her feet. She has some aches from surgery and bullet extraction but she was okay. Vincenzo honestly thinks he would've lost himself completely if he lost his best friends and his uncle.

He had been with them every other day when he was free. Checking their progress and looking out for his family. But Jolene and Giannis and Iris have been paying special attention to Vincenzo.

Daunte's death was very hard on him still. He has gotten better but once they came out of mourning he shoved his face back into work trying to ignore the sting of missing someone. Silvia was devastated when she was stable finding out that Daunte was no longer with them.

She and Vincenzo held each other and cried for hours it felt like. But Saundro supported and comforted them. Providing food and drinks with Micah in his cast attached to the hip.

It was a lot to hurdle through but he was slowly starting to see the sun again after all the storm clouds in his life.

Life wasn't easy but it was slightly better. Vincenzo exhaled placing his mail down on the table in front of him. He sifted through the letters mindlessly until he spotted one of interested. He picked up the pink envelope and smiled a little.

Hello from Cape Cod!

Spending a weekend on the coast and thinking about you. Write us back, we love and miss you daddy see you soon!

Naomi and Leonardo

Vince smiled looking at the little post card with a little photo of Leo attached to it. Leo was in a little sailor outfit and he was sleeping in the beach chair. Vincenzo laughed he was so precious and getting so big...much bigger from when he last saw him. Vince knew Isaac was probably there too but he appreciated that she kept him off the card and out of the pictures.

Vincenzo tried not to be jealous about the vacation because he Naomi and Leo were going to be traveling to Hawaii together for Christmas and Leo's birthday. He was excited about that, he couldn't believe Leo was almost 1. So far this coparenting thing wasn't bad. Of course he wished he was the one holding her, kissing her, being there with she and Leo. But life doesn't always work out the way we want it right when we want it. And he had to learn how to accept that even though it hurt like hell.