New Beginnings•

I'm counting 3 more time jumps in this book.

Sicily
3 months later

"Now. Giuseppe. Look at me." Vincenzo sat across from the man who refused to meet his eyes. Vincenzo cocked his head and gave a humorless smile. "Before you joined ties with the Catalano family the Giordano's took care of you and yours didn't they?"

Giuseppes lip trembled but he said nothing. "Your mother's treatment, your ex wife's house. Everything you needed. We took care of our own. All we asked for was loyalty. And now you betray us for what? For more? You are so greedy for riches you betray us for more than you have proven to be able to handle?"

Vincenzo sighed. "Well here are some hard truths for you. The Catalano family was never going to pay you."

"You lie!" He snapped. Vincenzo chuckled. "No no Giuseppe I don't. He was going to happily kill you."

The man looked frightened but Still didn't want to believe it. "Oh yes. He was going to kill you alright. Proof is in your remorseful letter he sent to your estate." Vincenzo showed him the papers informing his family of his passing. Giuseppes face paled.

Vincenzo could see the regret on his face in his entire being. "Don Giordano-"

"Where is he?" Vincenzo put his gun under his chin. "H-he has a club. A gentlemen's club where they hide out in Catania!" Giuseppes eyes watered. "I'm so sorry Don Giordano."

"I know. You are." Vincenzo stepped back and walked out giving a nod to Daunte who pulled the trigger. They had a location. Catania. That's where they would go next.

Everyone heeded to Vincenzos every order. He's been a true Don. No moment of weakness no more mercy. He was ready to make people pay. The past three months have been chaos for them. A few shoot outs occurred near Ravello. Vincenzo lost some men but they definitely took more than they lost.

This was a game of strategy. A game of chess. Mike against Vince. Catalano versus Giordano. Pakhans were pawns. Little play things that the Catalano family would use until they no longer needed nor wanted them. But that was not Vince's responsibility.

Vince needed to find a way to break them down. He wanted to do some damage sooner rather than later. Next stop for them was Catania.

"Iris andiamo." Vincenzo motioned toward his sister when he stepped out. Iris followed suit. She looked so grown it was sad but he knew she was ready.

The siblings got on their car as the men followed so they could make it to the metro. "You good?" He asked her. She nodded.

Vincenzo and Iris got escorted on the metro with a group of men behind them. Whispers about them echoed. But they paid no mind to the whispers just their surroundings. "Aye Don Giordano!" One man yelled from across the room before pulling a gun.

Then there were screams. Vincenzo pushed Iris back but she pushed forward again firing back at the man.

There had to be at least 15 opposing men firing at them. Poor bystanders being hit but Catalano carelessness and in efficient training.

"All of them!" Vince called out. Every one of these men needed to be dead if they were going to get to Mike in Catania. Leaving people alive would leave opportunity for warning. They shot back and forth blood splattering everywhere from both sides.

"F*ck!" West grunted falling. "West!" Vince hissed before getting shot in his shoulder. "Come on West get up." Vincenzo pulled the younger guy up ignoring his own pain. West limped to safer ground firing back. There were 7 left. But one bystander not associated with the others stuck out to Vincenzo one that was wearing a mask looking at his little sister for too long.