thinking out loud

summary: bellamy and y/n are driving to meet up with the 100 for a christmas party
*where bellamy and y/n are dating

time frame: modern times

word count: 760

~~

'bell!' y/n called from the kitchen of their shared apartment 'we have to go or we'll be late! and you know how clarke is when people are late...'

clarke and finn were hosting a party for a christmas celebration and invited their group of friends, formerly known as the 100. the party was going to be held at their ginormous house, pretty much a mansion. all of their friends were going to be there, raven, octavia, murphy, miller, jasper, monty and so many more.

'coming, coming,' bellamy replied with a smile as he rushed into the kitchen placing a quick kiss on top of y/n's forehead.

'ok, grab the keys and let's get going'

'you look gorgeous, babe' bellamy tells her with a wink after taking in his beautiful girlfriend. dressed up in nothing special, y/n blushed, he always had a way of making her feel so special.

'not so bad yourself, handsome' she smirked back and they shared a quick but passionate kiss before heading out the door.

~in the car~

y/n glanced out the window, watching as the snowflakes fell around her. it was a beautiful night. the grunt of bellamy clearing his throat brought her focus back to the current car ride.

'you excited?' y/n asked bellamy, intertwining their hands. he chuckled and tightened his grip on her hand, keeping his eyes on the road.

'not incredibly...' he answered truthfully. y/n have him a concerned glance as he sighed and kept his eyes on the road ahead. 'o and lincoln are going to be there...' he explains and y/n rolls her eyes as she suddenly understands why her boyfriend was nervous.

'bell, she's a big girl now and lincoln has proven himself many times. he's good for her and she's good for him.' y/n explained giving his hand a small squeeze for reassurance.

stopping at a traffic light, bellamy missed y/n's hand, ever so gently, thankful that he had such an amazing girlfriend.

'now come on!' she said cheerfully, trying to lighten the mood 'it's going to be such a fun night!'

bellamy chuckled as he let go of y/n's hand and continued to drive. 'anything with you is fun' he said honestly giving y/n a quick glance and a wink.

bellamy reached to the radio, pressing play and channel surfing to find a good song. he finally settled with a station playing an ed sheeran song, 'thinking out loud' to be exact.

when your legs don't walk like they used to before
and i cant sweep you off of your feet
will your mouth still remember the taste of my love
will your eyes still smile from your cheeks

y/n laughed, rolling her eyes at bellamys sudden love for this song. he had been playing it non stop for about a week, convinced that it put your guys relationships into words.

his hand reached for y/n'a as they intertwined and he quietly started singing along.

cuz darling i will be loving you till we're seventy
and baby my heart could still fall as hard at twenty three
and i'm thinking bout how

at this moment, y/n decided to join in on bellamys playfulness as she belted out the lyrics, jump scaring bellamy at her sudden outburst but then laughing at her silliness. joining her, they both sang their hearts out

people fall in love in mysterious ways
maybe just the touch of a hand
well me i fall in love with you every single day
and i just wanna tell you i am

kissing your knuckles, bellamy and you hold eye contact for a while, stopped at a red light. leaning in to kiss y/n, they both jumped when the car behind them loudly honked the couple, irritated when they hadn't moved despite the light turning green.

the two of them laughed, amused at their romantics irritating the driver behind them. not letting the loud noise ruin the moment, bellamy decided to continue belting out the song.

so honey now
take me into your loving arms
kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
place your head on my beating heart
i'm thinking out loud
maybe we found love right where we are

the drive continued, with both lovers singing their hearts out, simply enjoying the moment and each other's company.

~~

a/n:

this imagine was kinda short and i'm not sure if i should do a part two about the time spent at the party??

let me know what you guys think :)

thanks for reading!