the blake family • part five

summary: y/n tells bellamy she's pregnant...again

time frame: the alternate universe that these chapters are written in haha (read the parts before this chapter to understand!)

word count:1127

~~

cameron yawned tiredly as he was cuddled up in y/n's arms. both of them were exhausted. it had been a long day but they were waiting for bellamy to return to their tent.

'when's daddy coming back?' cameron asked innocently as he closed his eyes on the brink of sleeping.

'i'm not too sure bud...' y/n whispered back to him, genuinely unsure of what could possibly be keeping her husband out so late at night on a day like this. 'why don't you go to sleep and i'll wake you up when he gets here.'

reluctantly, cameron nodded and sleepily walked to his small bed in the corner of the tent.

y/n watched as her five year old son drifted to sleep. he had grown up so quickly. it seemed as if just days ago he had been born. and today was his fifth birthday.

y/n sighed as she tried her best to stay awake, adamant on questioning bellamy the moment he entered their tent. what could possibly be more important than spending time with cam on his birthday?

y/n was left there with thoughts swarming her mind. y/n loved bellamy. but recently he had been going out much more, coming back to the tent at later times and seeming more distant from her and cam. she never got too worried because she knew that he had a lot of responsibility as camp leader, but her thoughts worried about his priorities.

if it came down to it, would he choose us or this camp?

did he forget cams birthday?

family should always come first. why does it seem like we're second?

would he leave us?

her thoughts got worse and worse, earning tears to silently stream down her face. she got worried that he wouldn't choose them over his responsibilities, that he would leave them if he felt they were holding him back. they were terrible thoughts but y/n always had a habit of assuming the worst.

she snapped out of her thoughts when she finally heard the tent flap open, bellamy's eyes landing on a very physically and emotionally exhausted y/n.

'my god,' bellamy said, steps quickening when he saw his wife's face in tears 'is everything okay? is cam okay?'

'where were you?' y/n asked harshly, avoiding his questions. he didn't deserve to know those answers.

'i had a meeting with clarke about the grounders. it was nothing important.'he said as he eyed his wife with concern, she was mad at him but he had no clue why.

recently he had been heading out to hunting trips more often, leading exploration groups and having many more meetings with all groups of camp. he felt as if having a family meant it was fully his responsibility to make sure they were in a safe environment. he had only been trying to make their life more enjoyable. it guilted him to not spend as much time with them, but he reassured himself that everything he was doing was for them.

'nothing important' y/n repeated with venom in his voice. 'so it wasn't more important than your sons birthday?'

bellamy's eyes shut close as he his shoulders fell defeatedly. now he understood why y/n was upset, but he didn't think it would bring her to tears. there was something else she wasn't telling him.

'shit babe,' he said as his hands rushed to grab hers. she pulled away from his touch, still her much angry at him. 'i'm so sorry. it slipped my mind with everything that's been happening but i promise i'll make it up to him. i promise.'

'promise?' y/n said bitterly, chuckling with irony 'you said that a week ago when you promised cameron to have fun on his birthday. as a family.'

bellamy sighed at the memory of his sons eyes lighting up at the plans of having dinner together and then travelling to the woods to watch the stars at night. it felt as if his world was crumbling knowing that he let his son down.

'he and i stayed up for two hours waiting for you bell.' y/n said, determined to make bellamy understand the hurt she had put them both through 'he refused to eat when i told him to because he wanted to eat together. as a family. he refused to sleep even when his eyes were closing on him because he believed his dad was going to celebrate his birthday with him. you don't understand how much it hurt to see the look of disappointment on his face when you didn't show up bell.'

at this point tears were falling down bellamy's face as he gazed at his son, the only person in the world he hoped to never let down.

'y/n, i'm so so sorry.' bellamy said, voice hoarse and cracking 'i never wanted to disappoint him or you. i'm so sorry.'

y/n gulped as her husband turned to face her, eyes swollen and bloodshot from the tears and a look of solemn on his face.

'bell, be honest with me.' y/n said, hesitant to ask a burning question 'if you had to choose between the camp or cameron and i, who would you choose?'

bellamy looked shocked. he couldn't believe     y/n was asking him this question. without hesitation he responded 'you and cameron. without a doubt and no regrets.'

y/n let go of a huge breath she didn't know she was holding.

'bell i'm pregnant.' she whispered quietly. 'clarke told me yesterday. i was going to tell both you and cameron today at dinner.'

'baby, that's so amazing' bellamy said in shock, 'we're going to be parents again!'

'i'm worried bell,' she said hesitantly 'you've been more distant with cam and i. during my pregnancy and when the baby comes, i need you. i cant do this alone.'

'you're never alone.' bellamy said assuringly 'everything i do, i do for you and cameron. i'm sorry that i've been more distant but i've just been paranoid on making sure this camp is safe  for the both of you. i swear i love you both more than anything. and i promise to spend more time with you guys. i'm so sorry.'

y/n shuffled over in the bed and motioned for bellamy to get in. she leaned on his chest as he wrapped his arms around her. she missed this.

'promise?'

'i promise. now get some rest. we can talk more tomorrow.'

'i love you bell.'

'i love you more.'