i wont let you die • part two

summary: bellamy, y/n, gaia and indra fight in the gladiator pits that octavia sentenced them to

time frame: season 5
*in the previous part i kept the dialogue almost the same as the episode but in this chapter i plan to change the events dramatically

word count: 1730

~~

previously:
and with that, the fight begins

y/n's pov

gaia wastes no time and kicks bellamy in the legs, causing him to kneel. i look at him and he gives me a reassuring nod, letting me know he's okay. i watch as gaia and indra square off in a fight and bellamy stays there, frozen kneeling, staring at octavia.

i run and grab a sword while indra and gaia are fighting. i pray i won't have to use it.

i watch as indra slashes gaia with her sword and eyes bellamy as her next prey.

i run in front of indra and she goes for bellamy and our swords clash against each other's.

'i won't let him die.' i say through gritted teeth as our swords are pushing against one another.

'i won't let gaia die.' indra mutters back before she kicks me in the stomach and sends me flying to the other end of the arena.

indra changes prey quickly again, and eyes bellamy as her next target.

'bell!' i yell, still out of breath from having the life kicked out of me.

'dammit' he curses under his breath as he runs and grabs a sword as he and indra face off.

i steal a glance at octavia and growl as a smirk grows on her face.

gaia has now recovered from her hit and is now standing and holding a spear. she looks at me with sorrow in her eyes and then determination as her gaze turns to a fighting bellamy.

'spirit of the commanders guide my hand' she recites as i translate the statement and realize what she is about to do.

'no!' i yell and run towards her just as she is about to throw the spear. i push her just as she releases the spear and it barely misses bellamy's arm.

he looks back at us to see where the spear came from and our eyes lock. with adrenaline and the fear of losing bellamy pumping through my veins, i muster all my remaining strength and take on a weaponless gaia in one to one combat.

i kick her stomach as her mother did to mine and she falls backwards. she is lying on the ground when i run up to her with tears in my eyes.

'gaia,' i start as i look down at her defenceless position 'i'm so so sorry.'

she nods her head and closes her eyes, as if almost accepting defeat. tears are streaming down my face as i bring my sword to her neck and slit her throat open.

my knees give out on me and i fall beside her, cradling her dead body in my arms as tears flow down my face.

'your fight is over'