empty promise

summary: y/n catches bellamy cheating on her with raven
*where y/n and bellamy are dating (not for much longer tho lol)

time frame: season 1

word count: 1191

~~

'hey o?' i ask, popping my head into the second floor of the drop ship. suddenly, i see a piece of metal fly past my face, too close to almost scratching my eye out. 'what the hell was that?!' i exclaim almost immediately after, making eye contact with a slightly guilty, slightly frustrated octavia blake.

'hey y/n' she says shyly, tucking her hair behind her ear, she helps me climb up the ladder and closes the floor door behind me. 'sorry bout that'

'what was it?' i ask, curious about her sudden aggressiveness

'part of monty's contraption to contact the arc' she says shrugging. i furrow my eyebrows together, confused as to why she would be destroying his tech.

'i have been working for two hours on connecting these two damn pieces together and monty strolls right on in and tells me that i have the two wrong pieces!' she exclaims, clearly beyond frustration. chuckling slightly, i lean my head into her shoulder, playing with the hem of her jacket.

'calm down, o' i tell her soothingly 'it's over now we can go take a break'

'i guess...' she drifts off mid sentence before suddenly remembering something 'hey why did you come into the drop ship?'

'what do you mean?' i ask, wondering what she was asking

'you came up here to ask me a question' she tells me, curiously 'i just wanna know if it was something important'

'no it wasn't important' i tell her honestly 'i was just going to ask if you've seen bellamy'

at the mention of his name coming from my mouth, she pushes me off her shoulder and immediately seems more intrigued into the conversation.

'you and my brother!' she exclaims, more excited about our relationship than i was 'my best friends going to become my sister in law!'

'slow down, o' i laugh at her giddiness 'were just dating'

'he really loves you y/n' she tells me seriously 'back on the arc he used to tell me all about you, what you were wearing, how you acted that day. he really couldn't shut up about you'

blushing and thinking about bellamy talking about me, i stare down at the floor of the dropship, imaging his chiseled face growing a small smile and me being the cause of it. i smile to myself, probably looking like an idiot.

'and you love him too' she adds, pulling me out of my thoughts. 'last i saw him he went into ravens tent, probably checking on some bullets.'

'thanks o but it's ok i wanna spend time with the better blake sibling' i joke around, nudging her shoulder.

'well i am the better blake but you should go spend time with lover boy' she told me, laughing slightly at the nickname she had given her brother. 'he probably misses you like crazy right now'

i shake my head aggressively, letting her know that i was going to stay with her. honestly, i'd rather go see bellamy. we hadn't seen each other for the whole day, since he was running around as leader and me being co leader, we both had very busy schedules. i wanted to surprise him but i didn't want to leave octavia.

'go! before i have to push you there myself!' she exclaims, pulling me up and practically pushing me out of the drop ship. 'i'll go find jasper or someone. don't worry about me. now go!!'

i laugh before hugging her a quick thank you and make my way down the ladder.

walking across camp, i spot ravens tent and head there with a huge smile on my face, i couldn't wait to see bellamy. 'hey raven, is bell-' i ask opening the flap to her tent.

the sight inside immediately slapped the smile off my face and heart got crushed. bellamy, on top of raven, both of them naked.

i stand there, frozen like an idiot, not sure what to do next. unsure about weather i'm sad or mad, tears start steaming down my face while my hands tighten into fists and my jaw clenches.

both lovers untangle themselves while raven covers up with blankets and bellamy rushes to put on some pants.

'y/n please let me explain' he tells me, rushing to pull on his pants. his hand reaches for my arm, trying to console me.

'i hate you' i tell him, trying my best to remain strong but my voice cracks at the end and i rush out of ravens tent, not knowing what to do now.

i feel a strong grip on my wrist, stopping me from walking any further.

'y/n please' bellamy begs me. i turn around only to slap him on the face. he looks just as shocked as i do, but he doesn't loosen his grip. 'i deserve that. but please just let me explain'

'explain what!' i yell, everyone in camp hearing me and rushing outside to see what the commotion was 'how you cheated on me? how you slept with raven!'

at this point there's a crowd around us, but i don't care. i'm too mad to care. i continue yelling.

'you're a jerk bellamy! how could you? i trusted you! i loved you!' i yell, pulling my arm from his grip and he finally lets me go. my words seem to stab him like knives and tears well in his eyes.

'i love you too, y/n' he tells me, making eye contact with me. i would have believed him but i know now that every word that comes out of his mouth is an empty promise.

'you promised me bell...' i say, voice above a whisper 'you promised to protect me from danger but little did you know that you would hurt me the most'

at this point, almost everyone in camp had witnessed our fight and i can hear octavia trying to make her way through the crowd. when she reaches the front and sees me and her brother in tears she rushes between us.

'what happened?' she asked no one in particular. i stay silent and glare at bellamy, wanting to see if he would confess the truth to everyone.

'i slept with raven' he croaks, voice cracking in the middle of his sentence. hearing his voice utter his confession my heart breaks a little more and i slap him across the face again.

'bell,' octavia says disappointedly, pulling me away from her older brother 'how could you?' she looks at him in disbelief as she pulls me through the crowd and into her tent.

i'm a crying mess by the time we reach her tent and she sits me down on her bed consoling me.

'he's an idiot, y/n' she tells me, rubbing my back 'i don't know what got into him...he really did love you. i'm so sorry my brothers a jerk. he just lost the best thing to ever happen to him.'