nine

you're staring out the window
and I'm out here in the street
you stand there like a scarecrow and I'm
begging you to speak

Craig had invited a certain Canadian to come visit for a while, and he now took up the couch.

Jaren and John spent most of their time with eachother, making Sarah spend most of her time with Sami and Craig, not that she minded very much.

"So, how's living with John?" Sami asked her, setting down a plate of crackers and nutella for the two of them to eat while they talked. Craig had run off to film a video with everyone, Sami and Sarah were left to have "girl time", which was really just them talking about random things while they ate.

"I mean, it's okay," she shrugged. "not very eventful. he just asks me to cook food at random times. it's kind of funny."

Sami smiled at her response. "And how's the new job?"

"It's a job, nothing really new to report, but I'll let you know when a customer drives me nuts," Sarah promised, causing the other girl to giggle slightly.

"Back to John," she switched. "Do you like him?"

"What? No, we're just friends that live together," she shook her head. "Seriously, Sami?"

"No, no, I asked for a reason!"

"Why?"

"John likes you!" she cheered clasping her hands together like a giddy schoolgirl. Sarah's jaw dropped.

"No, he doesn't, thanks for the self esteem boost though, the extra two percent makes me feel at least somewhat human," she answers, giggling at her own sass.

"He does! I have proof, hold on," she digs out her phone and shows her some pictures. it was all of her and John, occasionally, it was some of John smiling at Sarah for no reason. others were when he was talking to other people, and he looked instinctively like he was resting his arm around the back of the seat, and seemed to be much closer to Sarah than "just friends who live together" would be.

"So? He shows more physical attraction to me. That could be a comfort mechanism." Sarah folded her arms as Sami frowned slightly.

"This could be really good for you!" Sami pouts at her. "And look at what you're doing. ruining it for yourself."

"Sami, Sarah?" Craig yells from the front door. "We're here!"

"We're in the kitchen!" Sarah yells back to her brother, who walks in with John and Jaren in tow.

John walked to her immediately with a smile. "How's your day without me been?" he asks, a small smirk on his lips.

"Quiet." she giggles at her own response, John feigning offence at her joke. "In all seriousness, me and Sami just talked and ate crackers. before this we did our nails, look," Sarah held up a hand of black painted nails with heart decals on them.

John smiled and glanced back to Sarah. "So Craig and Jaren want to go out to eat, did you wanna go?" he offers.

Sarah looked to Sami for a moment. "You can go," she says, as if Sarah was looking for approval.

"No, I think I'll stay here with Sami. You guys can go have fun. I won't interrupt your boys day," Sarah joked, making John smile.

"Alright, did you have a specific time you wanted to be home at?"

"Don't worry about that John," Sarah waved him off. "Just go have fun."

"Hey, Sarah!" Jaren waved, interrupting their conversation. "Long time no see," he jokes, giving her a side hug, which she does return.

"Hey, Jaren," she replies happily. "Make sure John doesn't drink too much, for me?"

"Oh, yeah, you have to deal with him now," Jaren laughs. "Nah, it's fine. I can do that."

"Thanks."