nineteen

separating from you
is the hardest thing I'll ever do
but if you know what's best
maybe we should get some rest

Sarah laid on Craig's couch as Sami stroked her hair with gentle hands. "Sarah, you didn't want to, okay? Sometimes it's good for couples to take little breaks from each other." Sami's comfort was in vain. she knew that as well, but Sarah needed something. anything to convince her that John wasn't going to leave the girl.

"But I flat out told him that-" she could barely finish her sentence. "I told him I compared him to Zach. I feel terrible. I don't deserve someone like him who blindly looked past everything I'd been through and still liked me.

"I don't deserve any of you."

Craig perked up at this statement."Don't you dare say that, Sarah Marie," he said sternly. "You do deserve us. You deserve everything good thing life has given you."

"You're a good person, Sarah," Sami says. "Just slightly misguided at the moment. But for an excellent reason."

"You are the strongest girl I know for being able to go through all that. Sure, you didn't tell us, but you were trying to protect us," Craig tells her calmly. Sarah nodded along. "You're trying so hard to be good for John. And he loves everything you do for him. Beyond anything you could ever understand. Just give him time. He's upset right now, and so are you."

Sarah took in a deep breath. "You're right," she says. "Thank you, Craig."

"It isn't any problem, Sarie," he says, hugging his sister tightly.

a/n- soft sibling moments are my strong suit.