twelve

you pray so badly for heaven
knowing any day
might be the day that you die

John and Sarah had their day out together. it was relaxing, to be honest. they knew so much about each other, even lived with each other and saw one another every day, and yet they still found things to talk about. learn things about what opinions they have.

John only thought better about Sarah, with every word she said. Sarah had been thinking about John in different ways since Sami had talked to her about dating him as well. something she paid careful mind to was comparing him to Zach. she found it hard to do that in the first place. Zach never made her feel safe, but when John hugged her (which happened more often now), she still felt the same way every time.

John made her feel so much more different in all the best ways. even now, as they sat in the Starbucks as the sun set, Sarah looked happier than he'd seen her in so many days, and knowing he caused it made him feel amazing.

"Hey, Sarie," he said, switching the tone slightly. "I have a question."

"Hey, Johnny," she replies. "I have an answer. You go first, let's see if they match?"

"Would you ever consider putting a really special label to what we have?"

"John, can you speak proper English?"

he laughed slightly, "I mean, we called this a date, right?"

"Yeah, we agreed on that this morning," she smirked. "Wanna take it further?"

"Yeah, actually?" he muttered, making Sarah smile slightly. "Uh... do you wanna like, be my girlfriend or something?" he asks awkwardly, making Sarah giggle.

"I'd love to be your girlfriend, John," she says happily, making John smile.

he adored her, and she adored him.

"Oh god, how the fuck do I tell your brother?"