Chapter 2

Thomas's POV

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch.

All the way home the only thing I could hear was the damn crunching of the fall leaves and the crumbling pavement as I walked.  It's always breaking. The leaves are shattering like broken vases the flowers long since passed. Walking home is like walking on a corpse crying out for help, with the cement all smashed to pieces.  My already unstable mind is not equipped for my dying surroundings.

I keep going till I reach a peach colored house with a white door and trimming along the windows. 

"Home at last." I mutter as I walk through the door.

I was rushed by my parents the second I walked through. They engulfed me in a python type hug and just kept squeezing. I felt like I was about to pass out.

"I know you love me, but this seems like a bit much, even for you." I tell them in an attempt to escape their hold.

"When the Fae are fighting back, enough is never enough.  They're targeting schools! Your's could be next!" My dad rambled his fright in high pitch shills.  His tan face pale, with veins sticking out of his long neck.

"They haven't killed anyone yet, as far as we know, but they are kidnapping teenagers left and right." Father told me in a more low pitched tone, but still almost mimicking my dad.  His thin nimble finger dancing along the air in exaggerated motions.  

It dawned on me that this must be the reason the hunters are here. I feel like an idiot to think not think of that before hand.  It's a feeling that I've been having for a while now but never gotten used too.  

"That's a lot to process" is the only response I could conjure up. My brain can only handle so much at one time. They didn't even have to tell the gory details for me to get overwhelmed.

"Shhhhh, we were worried. Let us be relieved for once" One of them mumbles I didn't catch who it was. 

Their words made my eyes water just a tad bit.  I haven't fully cried since my parent's accident. 

In a soft voice I whispered the word  "Okay." 

Later tonight I will probably sneak out to Gracie's house.  It's what I did when things got scary close to home. She made me feel safe, but I would never tell her that.  She would never let me hear the end of it.

All three of us just stood there hugging in the doorway. I don't know for how long, and I didn't really care to try and figure it out. The only thing that shoved us away from the hugfest was the fact the fire alarm started going off.

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. 
Each 'beep' going on for at least 30 second long.

"Who else votes for taking down the hell bell and burning it in the yard?" I mutter snuggling into my parents arms ( I'm too tired to move, and it's really warm so don't judge me) "all in favor say aye."

"Aye" my dad agreed squeezing my father and I tighter (we are just a huggers family we do this at any excuse we can summon).

My father nodded in approval. He pulled back suddenly after agreeing, blinked a few times his blue eyes wide in realization, and started flapping his hands wildly in a bird like manner.

"My chicken is burning! That took me a whole five minutes to pull out of a packet and shove in the oven! Five whole minutes wasted!" He started screeching along with a few other things that were too high in pitch to even try and attempt to figure out. He slapped my dad's arm and pushed him towards the kitchen "Ron go save it, I will be cheering you on from a safe distance."