Chapter 8

Michael's POV ◇

"What if we share him" I cringed at the sound of my own voice. But, I was desperate. Living without a mate for too long can and will kill a Faerie. I need him.

"Love, go up to your room for a bit till I get you." Axel told my Tommy. I guess he wouldn't be mine anymore if we share him. He'd be ours. I hate the thought.

"So, you're willing to share now?" He was skeptical of me. He had plenty of reason to be, but I didn't care as long as I got my mate.

"I don't like it, but I will if it means I get to keep him." It was the honest truth. If he left I would die. This needs to work.

"I don't like you" Axel plainly states with no emotion.

"Your not my mate, you don't have to." I snapped a bit at him. It wasn't the smart thing to say in this situation but my  Eue got the better of me. 

"Nothing's stopping me from taking Thomas away from here. I could leave right now if I wanted." The bitterness in his voice made me flinch. Damn my emotions I don't know if I'm getting mad or scared. I didn't want him to take away my kitten.

"Do you really want to be responsible for killing off another Fae?" That's a low blow. Though every Faerie knows how it works if you reject all three of your mates, or they reject you. Rejection is not an option.

"I don't know what happened to the other two, but my Eue won't let me leave him. I'll give you two options. Either reject him and die, or treat him the way our mate deserves to be treated." No negotiation was in his voice. I knew my kitten and I started off on the wrong foot, but I was trying to avoid this.

I can't control my Eue around him.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

When my little Tommy realized he wasn't going to be leaving anytime soon he locked himself up in his room. He wouldn't even talk to Axel, the one he obviously favored over me. He still wasn't eating, and he stopped talking to us entirely. This lasted for three days. 

Over the three days of starving himself it went too far. We found Tommy passed out on the floor on one of our checkups. That's when we decided to force feed him. Axel held him down while I shoved a spoonful of chicken soup in his mouth and made him swallow by holding his nose and mouth shut. 

Now it's the fourth day of this shit and my Eue and I are getting impatient. From what I can tell Axel is too. 

Looking at the digital clock on the wall, I see it's noon. Noon is when either Axel or I go up and check on him, and try to convince him to eat. If he doesn't come down to eat by five we feed him by force. That way he eats at least once a day, we would feed him more but we also want him to decide to eat on his own. Eventually his hunger would win, right?

An idea popped into my head. 

Rushing down out the door in the kitchen to the garden ,we faeries are very connected to plants, I decided to pick him some flowers. The start of the bouquet is a mix between green orchids and white Calla Lilies. 

Then I did a little prance run slowly back to the kitchen. I need to hurry so I can get to my kitten before Axel. I grab a pair of scissors and a bondi blue ribbon to tie around the flowers. Lastly I poured water into the fanciest clear glass vase we own and put the flowers in it.

I'm very proud of my work. 

As a last thought I grabbed a chocolate bar from out of the pantry and headed off for the room. I hope he likes it. I rushed a bit so I could get there first, hopefully it doesn't show.