Chapter 18

Thomas’s Pov ♤

I didn’t stick around much longer after I told Axel “why I was there”.  In fact, I didn’t even make it 15 seconds. I ran away at full fucking sprint!  

At least I think I made my decision.  I’m going to choose Axel tonight at dinner.  I don’t want to deal with Mike tonight. When I tell them he’s going to kill me.  I am about to choose the dude who would have kidnapped me again if I didn’t choose over the guy who warned me about him.

Maybe taking a shower will calm me down?   Nope.

Standing in the shower staring blankly at the wall isn’t the most productive thing I could be doing right now, but it’s what I found myself doing.  The black and white tiles just seemed so much more interesting during a stressful day. The hot water managed to relax my muscles but my brain just wouldn’t turn off.  

After 30 minutes of staring at the wall I decided it was time to get out.  Which didn’t lead to much since I sat down on the floor and waited for my Fae’s to come and fetch me for dinner.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Impatient knocking sounded on my door.  I was so happy I was able to get my get my clothes on before it started.  It sounded like my own personal hunger games bell, but deeper. My heart was beating viciously as I thought about what I was going to do.

“I’m coming”  I screamed out to the knocking.  

“Alright.”  I could hear the laughing in his voice as he answered.  Maybe I said that a bit too loudly?

Opening the door I tried to put on a smile.  I nodded to Mike who was sitting on my bed and muttering to himself like a weirdo.

“Let’s go eat dinner.  Axel is probably waiting for us.”  With that I left him to go get food.

“Okay, l-let’s go.”  He smiled at me. The butterflies made me smile as well.

He grabbed my hand and childishly scrunched his nose, and ran out the room dragging me along with him.  I laughed and ran with him.

We were both out of breath and laughing our heads off when we got to the kitchen counter table thing that we had been eating at since I got here.  We purposely ate late so we could avoid the other people that lived there. Not to say they didn’t show up sometimes, it was just that Mike and Axel scared them off before they could do or say anything.

“What’s for d-dinner?”  I asked shyly. I wanted to at least eat before I announced my choice.  That way if the one I didn’t pick was a sore loser, I at least didn’t have to take it on an empty stomach.

“Baked lemon chicken.”  Axel said with a smirk. He looked really proud of what he made, which means that Mike is going to hate it.  I was proven correct when I saw Mike grimace.

“That sounds g-g-good.”

When we started eating I ended up pushing my chicken around.  Biding my time before I had to actually tell them things. I was slightly praying that I wouldn’t have to be the one to start the conversation.  If Axel is as impatient as Mike says then maybe he will bring it up.

Screw it.

“So...uhh… I have, um”  I tried to start is on my own.  I looked at both of them pleadingly, hoping they would catch on.

“Who do you want?”  Mike asked me, while Axel just looked confused.  I was thankful that Mike was able to understand what I was trying to say.