Chapter 17

Hunter ???    5 hours later

I walked into my office.  It was practically nonexistent, considering that is had glass walls.  One of the many mistakes that the designers made for the HBC. The floors are a blinding white, and healthy green house plants are scattered around the room, and outside of it. 

Sitting down at the spinny chair behind my desk I notice something weird.  It was a heart shaped box of chocolates and a letter.  

This struck me as sketchy.  As much good that we hunters are doing for people, they don’t love us for it.  I would say most rather despise us, considering that our jobs may or may not have had a hand in the depression that the Faes caused.  

I opened the letter that was addressed to me, the head hunter.  

8730 Mission Drive, Saturday 12:30 a.m.  
              *Don’t be late

 “Jacob”  I yelled out for my second in command.  He’s a bit strange when it comes to the Fae, but his job always gets done so I ignore it.  Or at least I try, while he describes how fun it was to nearly disembody some 12 year old looking Fae.

He struts into the room, like he’s important, and seems to strike a pose once he reaches my desk.  It was kind of humorous to watch the way he moves, it’s like a duck trying to be a swan.  

His bleached blonde hair looks like it wants to scratch his blue eyes out.  His chin was high, and his chest was puffed way to far past his legs. He could be a cocky bastard sometimes, and it showed in how he held himself.  

It’s times like these I question how I ended up with this sick bastard.

“What do you need sir?”  Jacob questions with a small smirk.  

I wonder, if I told him to jump off a plane with only a pillow for protection, would he do it?

“Prepare the murder to be ready in 5 days, your going to lead.”  I don’t normally bring in the crows, but since it said to go at night, it sounds like it could be dangerous.

“I’ll start that right away sir” he said as he turned to go do his task.  

I went back to my paperwork and thought about tonight.  I would have gone myself if I didn’t have a date with my wife tonight.  She hates when work keeps me away from home. I’ve had to cancel date night  times in a row, one more and I’m sleeping on the couch for eternity. She might even kick me out of my house. 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Thomas ♤  Present

I couldn’t sleep all night last night.  I kept thinking about how Axel and Micheal were getting impatient with my decision. 

Axel never told me outright that he didn’t want to wait anymore.  Micheal pulled me aside after dinner and told me that Axel was getting annoyed with me.  Then he told me that he was worried about what Axel might do if I took any longer with my choice.

It scared the hell out of me.

*Flashback*

I lifted my fork up and took the last bite of lasagna off of Axel’s plate, and then took the rest of Micheal’s bread.  They have been a tad bit less clingy and it was starting to worry me. They had been focusing on some pest, which I’m pretty sure is code for hunters.

“Can I go to my r-room now?”  I asked when my attempt to annoy them failed.  They are the only people I’m allowed to talk too since neither of them have gotten around to introducing me to the other humans.  They said they would, but they didn’t.