Epilogue

Michael's POV ◇

The massacre was all over the news.  The hunters spared no Fae, not even for slavery.  They showed a lineup of the bodies, Axel being near the middle.  It was horrific.

My Tommy was balling next to me continuously asking "why".  Tears were streaming down his cheeks. It broke my heart.

Pulling him into my chest I offered him comfort.  At least I'll get to be with him now. I'll get to live, and take care of my sweet Tommy.  I won't ever let him go again, I lost my last chance at a mate only to get him back. The conflicting emotions bubbled up inside of me.

I just wish it didn't have to be like this.

"Mike?"  The heartbroken little voice said as if testing the waters.

"Yes?"

"Are we going to be okay?  Are the hunters going to come here and take you away too?"  Thomas looked so scared. Of course he does. He just accepted the idea of mates only to have his first choice ripped away from him.

"Yeah, we'll be fine.  I'll protect you with everything I got.  Until my last breath, I will never stop fighting for you."  I said. Even if he didn't choose me I can feel our bond being built back up again, I feel stronger.  Hopefully he will accept me now that Axel is gone.

Oh, Gods!  Does this make me a bad person for thinking that.  Is it too soon after Axel's death? I feel like such a fucking douche right now!

"Thank you.  I know I've never said it but I really do care about you."  He told me with the most genuine look I've ever gotten out of him.  It made my heart melt.

"Tommy you don't know how happy I am to hear those words come out of your mouth.  I love you, I truly do."

"Just don't leave me too, okay."  His eyes were wide and tearstained when he said this.  He never looked away, he truly is beautiful.

"I told you I would love and treat you like I was your first choice, didn't I?"  I lowered my voice a whisper as I pulled him closer to me on the small leather couch.  I rested my head on top of his while my arms engulfed his body shoving him into me. "I don't plan on backing out of that promise no."

"I know.  I'm sorry I didn't choose you in the first place."  Tommy paused, "I just… I don't know. I made the choice too fast."

He hugged me tighter.  I don't think I've ever felt this happy in my entire life.

I shouldn't have pushed him into the decision.  Maybe things would have turned out differently if I hadn't gotten so impatient.  Maybe Axel would still be alive.

"It's okay, I promise I'll never let you go again."

I kissed him on the top of his head leaned us into the couch.  We were staying at a new safe haven and they don't have a room for us yet.  His friend Grace is here too so I hope it will make the transition easier on him.

I layed down carefully pulling Tommy down with me.  He was laying on my chest like a blanket, no, more like a goddamn furnace.  Not wanting him to get cold I grabbed the blanket that was provided for us off the table and flung it onto him.

I'd rather bake to death then have Tommy freeze.  Drifting off into a dreamless sleep I thought of what tomorrow might bring.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

A/N:

The Fae's chance, book one of the Fae is done.  The second book should be much better then this one with more characters and character development.  This book was me testing the waters of writing and for the most part keeping it really safe.

Also for the smut lovers out there, I will put it in the next book.  I didn't feel quite comfortable writing a sex scene in my first book.

I hope you enjoyed the story.  I hope it's alright that the epilogue is so short, but I honestly didn't feel it had to be very long.

Like always I hope y'all are having a wondrous day :)