13

The lunch break bell rang loudly, echoing through every corner of the school as the teacher quietly left Mingyu's class. Mingyu cleaned up his desk quickly, putting his books back into his bag, while waiting for the class to be less rowdy. He didn't need to rush as Jun was still there sitting next to Kun. But he knew, the sooner the better.

"Jun!" Mingyu stood up from his seat quickly.

Mingyu was sure the older Chinese boy heard him calling, but he pretended like he didn't. He stood up suddenly too, not bothering to stuff his books into his bag. "Kun, see you later," he said, then proceeding to rush out of the classroom, bumping some of his classmates every here and then.

"Jun!" Mingyu called out again though he knew he wouldn't get any answer. He quickly paced out of the class and saw Jun already walking quickly among this sea of people. He swam through it nimbly, silently mouthing sorry if he had bumped someone. It wasn't hard to find the one he was chasing; he was tall, everyone else luckily wasn't. And Jun wasn't particularly short either. 

"Jun!" he called out loudly again as he leaped forward a bit, succeeding grabbing the latter's wrist.

"What?!" the older quickly turned around, trying to jerk his hand out of Mingyu's powerful grip. Of course, Mingyu won with his power. "Let go of me," he said through his gritted teeth. He was fuming now. He just hated this one new boy in his class.

"Not until we clear this stuffs going around u--"

"What kind of things?!" Jun screamed all of sudden, surprising Mingyu to some extent. His loud scream alone was enough to freeze everyone around them, putting a massive silence. Mingyu would be lying if he didn't notice the sudden quietness. 

"Jun, liste--"

"How could you lift my hopes up like that and the next minute you said those things?!"

"Jun, but I do--"

"Yeah, of course! Thieves won't admit themselves, they say!"

Mingyu was struck with the words. He was a lot taken aback.

"What do you want to do now? Keep acting innocent?"

Mingyu just silently bit his lips.

"Yes! Just keep acting that way since everyone's watching! Is having one face not enough for you? So much that behind us you talk shit about us?"

Mingyu was about to say something, but he couldn't. His lips trembled and his mouth hesitated once it was open. His eyes started to roam, scanning the crowds. Everyone was indeed watching them. Some of them were already whispering to each other's ears, most likely talking about the ruckus going on. And that was when he felt another jerk on his hand: Jun now had his wrist free from Mingyu's grip. Mingyu's hand was shaking also.

"It's just a matter of time until you trash talk about everyone, right?" Jun threw another blow and Mingyu could not say anything. The older chuckled. "Sorry, but I won't fall for your innocence and kindness the second time."

"J-Jun, plea--"

"That day, you saw me, right?" Jun asked, referring to the day when Mingyu was suddenly assaulted by Minghao. "But you pretended like you didn't?" Jun paused to let out a bitter chuckle. "Of course, why would you want to play with us sissies and lame girls? Right, huh? That's what's cheerleading is to you, right?"

Mingyu's eyes were suddenly watery now. His lips were shaking badly. He could hear the whispers and talks around them gradually getting louder; some students would even threw both of them--or just him to his eyes, loathsome and demeaning looks. "Wow, are you going to cry now to play victim? Okay, I'm the bad guy everyone!" he said, rolling his eyes. "Ciao."