17

"Gyu?"

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Mingyu?"

Mingyu groaned, waking up because of the voice of his mother knocking his room while gently calling out his name. "I'm awak--" Mingyu stopped his sentence as he barely could hear his own voice. His throat felt so itchy, hoarse and sore. He let out a breathy grunt as the pain in his neck gradually was surfacing, with his stuffed nose as an addition to this morning suffering. His head felt a bit heavy, both from his sickness and the fact that he just woke up. As Mrs. Kim knocked once again, Mingyu threw his blanket away, letting himself shudder from the touch of cold morning temperature in his room. He rubbed his eyes and exhaled deeply before putting two feet flat on the floor, which was undoubtedly colder than the air.

"I'm awake, Mom," Mingyu said with his almost-non-existent voice, greeting his mother as he opened the room. Didn't he bother to tidy up his lion hair. He just came there with his usual sleeping attire, a loose white t-shirt and a pair of boxers. On the other side, Mrs. Kim was already fully dressed, ready to go out.

"Oh my Gosh, Mingyu!" Mrs. Kim panicked upon the sight of her beloved son. She looked up at him, hands trying to reach up: one to hold his forehead, checking if he got a fever, and another to sweep his messy as heck hair. "You look terrible and you are burning!"

Mrs. Kim immediately dragged Mingyu back into the room, sitting on the edge of his bed. She then quickly took the splattered blanket on Mingyu's messy bed and swirled it around her son's body. "Okay, wait here, I'm going to take some water."

"Mom, it's just a slight flu," Mingyu said as his mother quickly made her way back outside, to the kitchen, but what would he expect? His voice was barely even audible to him, let alone to his panicked mother. Mingyu just sighed, slowly wrapping himself more in the blanket.

He was indeed sick, but it wasn't that much. It was just a slight fever and perhaps flu, to Mingyu. He didn't know why though, it just came out of nowhere. Last night he couldn't really sleep well because of his stuff nose. And just now he woke up with a heavy head and a hoarse throat. Maybe it was just a seasonal fever or something.

"Here," Mrs. Kim handed her son a full glass of warm water soon as she got back also with a bowl of breakfast. It was already a bit cold since Mingyu woke up really late; she wondered why and now she knew the reason. Mrs. Kim once again checked Mingyu's body temperature by putting a hand on his forehead and his neck. He indeed caught a fever, not a slight fever. "Should I call Soonie to take care of you?" she offered.

Mingyu almost choked on his drink. 'You mean to say that that Soonyoung should take care of me?' he thought. It wasn't really a bad idea, but yes to some extent. Soonyoung was, as we all knew, loud and rowdy friend he had. And during conditions like this, Mingyu would just like engulf himself in alone time and quietness. Wonwoo might be good but considering how awkward it had been between them, Mingyu discarded the thought. Jihoon? Well, should be fine. 'But, hey, Mom's still gonna leave even with me being like this?' he questioned. It wasn't like he needed that much help, but considering how panicked she was, it was a bit odd for her to keep leaving. "It's fine, Mom," he said, forcing his voice out. "Where are you going anyway?"

Mrs. Kim fed her son slowly before she answered. "I guess you forgot we are going to take your father to the airport again today."

Mingyu's eyes widened at that. He forgot that, totally. His father would be on another trip to some far provinces to sign contracts and discuss business stuffs. He explained to Mingyu that it was highly related to his soon-to-be job promotion. "Should I not take your father then?" Mrs. Kim asked.

"Mom, it's fine," Mingyu answered after swallowing his food, hoping his throat wouldn't give in any time soon. "I can take care of myself while you are away."