39

"This is it?" Mingyu asked to his boyfriend, who was seated right in front of him, on his bed, facing each other. He was trying his best not to let the lump in his throat block his airflow to speak out, nor to cause him break down crying; honestly spoken, he had been resisting his tears to the best he could do the whole day, ever since the breakfast.

Wonwoo looked down, not sure of what to say to perhaps offer his boyfriend assistance to calm himself; either way, Wonwoo himself was really ready to cry at the moment. "I guess." It was safe to say that Wonwoo was glad that he managed to say that out loud without choking on his own forming tears. Wonwoo had just finished packing up his stuffs and now here he was, trying to give comfort and assurance to his in-the-verge-of-a-breakdown boyfriend. He had to be strong for now; for Mingyu, and for them.

Mingyu pursed his lower lip, not having enough courage to see Wonwoo in his eyes, missing his chance to get a direct loving gaze from the older. "W-what do we d-do, now?" Looking down, he didn't realize tears had formed on the corner of his eyes.

"What do you mean by 'what do we do', Gyu?" Wonwoo asked back, although knowing very well what the younger was trying to comply.

Mingyu started to sniff. "I--" The younger got cut off by his own self starting to choke on his tears. "I--I don't--I can't be like this."

"Mingyu," Wonwoo called, cupping the younger's cheeks with his soft hands, gently pulling his face up so they could look into each other's eyes. "This is not the end, you know that, right?" Wonwoo said, smiling.

The younger just kept staring with tears running on his cheeks. It took him a few seconds of resistance before actually crying, still with Wonwoo's hands cupping his face. The older gently caressed Mingyu's face as he cried and cried with his eyes closed. Wonwoo couldn't help but to let his heart churn at the sight. Unable to hide his sorrow as well, Wonwoo quickly hid himself by wrapping Mingyu in a tight hug, letting the younger cry himself out on his shoulder and neck; still Wonwoo tried his best not to cry as well, not to even sniff. Soon, he found himself breathing in soundly on the younger's shaking shoulder as he made circles on Mingyu's back.

After a few minutes, a few knocks on the door were heard, and surprisingly that was also the time when Mingyu finally calmed down. "Wonwoo, are you done? Just head down if you are, okay?" It was his aunt's voice.

Wonwoo quietly wiped his slowly forming tears and shouted back at the door, "Yes, Auntie, I will be downstairs in a moment."

Mingyu, who had been returning the hug, willingly let go, so Wonwoo followed. The younger immediately rubbed his whole face, trying to clean up the mess he had while crying that much. Slowly, Wonwoo put a hand again on Mingyu's cheek, gesturing 'it's okay, it's okay,' silently. "Wonwoo," Mingyu called his boyfriend's name as he finished wiping his face, revealing his quite puffy red eyes. Wonwoo wasn't sure how he could end up that way just from a few minutes of crying.

"Yes, Gyu?"

"What do we do now?"

Wonwoo smiled and brought his other hand to Mingyu's other cheek. Gently rubbing his lover's face with his thumb, he answered, "Of course we will keep going on."

"But with you--"

Now, Mingyu got cut off but something he wouldn't imagine would happen, or at least, not this soon. Wonwoo had stopped him from saying pessimistic things by connecting their lips gently, even just a second. By now, Mingyu had his eyes opened widely due to the shock while Wonwoo had his eyes closed while silencing his boyfriend. As Wonwoo pulled away, his eyes fluttered open just to meet with Mingyu's still-in-shock eyes. Mingyu could safely say Wonwoo's close-up look this time was one of the most beautiful sceneries he had ever seen. "Stop saying such things, nothing will stop us."