32

It had been hours since Wonwoo locked himself in Mingyu's room; it might seem a bit rude to use it this way, but he had no other way, he needed a space for his own. Mingyu understood it very well even though Wonwoo didn't tell him so. Wonwoo just ran upstairs not long after Mingyu hugged him comfortingly soon as he saw the news: a woman was found dead strangled and a man, who was the murderer, was found nearb,  covered in a blood pool. It was indeed a huge blow for him, to find his mother dead through the news, murdered by someone who was revealed later in the news as her husband; Wonwoo now was left all alone.

Mr. Kim had to go to work as usual, leaving the case of Wonwoo to Mingyu and his mother. Mrs. Kim already told the situation to their homeroom teacher, teacher Kim, and she sent her deepest condolences and understood it very well; Mingyu and Wonwoo would be excused of today's absence. Mrs. Kim also asked if she could keep it a secret as well at least until Wonwoo decided to tell her directly, to which she agreed. Mingyu then told her mother if Teacher Kim could just tell Jihoon and Soonyoung and Wonwoo was sick alone, so his family decided to help him by taking him home.

Mingyu now had been waiting right outside of his room's door for quite some hours, sitting on the floor, resting on the locked door accompanied by a tray of getting-cold breakfast meant for Wonwoo. It was almost lunch time already yet there was no sign of the older coming out of the room. Mingyu could clearly hear hard sobs, even sometimes muffled cries  of "Mom" could be heard, and it hadn't stopped--gradually decreasing, yes, but the sobs was still faintly audible; the older was truly devastated, or course, who wouldn't be. He stupidly left his phone inside his room, so there was no other choice left than to wait right in front of the door, in case Wonwoo suddenly needed something.

Meanwhile, Mingyu again was deep in his thoughts; he really didn't want to think about it in a time like this, but he couldn't help. He was really confused beyond his limit. He thought about the explanations Wonwoo gave him that time. He said sorry numerous times, and he admitted it he only liked him, not Seungcheol anymore. But still, the kiss was real; it happened not because Seungcheol was forcing himself, but because Wonwoo allowed him. And the fact that Wonwoo closed his eyes somehow proved the fact that he was into it. Didn't that mean, Mingyu still wasn't the only one for him? If he thought otherwise, he wouldn't have let him, would he? Broken, still. Mingyu was. And the fact that he was stuck in this kind of situation, made his heart sunk even more to the depth of endless pain. He couldn't help to shatter every time he saw the older: both because of his heartbreak, and how the older looked so miserable and weak.

Mingyu was brought back to reality as he just realized the quiet sobbings had turned into faint sounds of water running. After a while, it stopped, and silent footsteps could be heard, and soon the door was unlocked.

"W-wai--Aah!" Mingyu let out weird sounds as he was out of reflect wobbled on bis spot because the door, on which he was leaning on, was pulled. He quickly supported his body with his hand, preventing him from falling on his back, or worse, doing a back roll. That'd be embarrassing.

"M-Mingyu! I-I'm s-sorry!" Wonwoo quickly apologized, realizing what he had done, covering his lower portion of face with his wet brown sweater.

Mingyu tried to regain his stead and stood up while carrying the breakfast tray. "It's fine, Won," he plainly said, looking at the older's eyes which were puffy from the constant crying he had been hearing since morning. "Eat first."

Wonwoo stared at the covered bowl and plate on the tray the younger was holding for some good seconds. He really didn't feel like eating, even more, the thought of him eating made him want to puke already. He slowly shook his head. "No, Gyu, I'm not--"

"Please?"

Wonwoo was surprised by the sudden response from the younger. He looked at him with sadness contained in his eyes, face pleading, literally begging so that the older would eat. "Just at least eat something," Mingyu said. And Wonwoo knew he couldn't reject. He went back inside the room, letting Mingyu in. Soon, Wonwoo sat down on the edge of Mingyu's bed and Mingyu handed him the tray. Mingyu let Wonwoo have his breakfast soon as the older tried to look what the breakfast was behind the covers. Mingyu took his phone on his drawer, and sat quite far from the older, still on the bed but leaving an empty space between them. Mingyu then soon went to his phone, starting with informing their friends about their conditions.