30

"Hyung, can you come in for a bit?"

Mingyu's ears perked up soon as he got called. He stuffed his phone into his pocket, stopping his dumb chat with Seokmin, and went to the source of the voice. He slowly pushed the white door, leading him to a small changing room. Inside, he was greeted by a human-sized mirror on which two people's reflections could be seen: himself and Chan. He went closer to him, still locking his eyes on the mirror.

"Does this outfit make me look short?" Chan asked, lifting his hands a bit in a cute way to both sides, and Mingyu knew he couldn't help not to smile at every thing this cute boy did. Chan was asking about the oversized yellow hoodie he was trying.

"Uhh... No?" Mingyu answered, looking at his reflection in the mirror. Chan smiled adorably as he really liked the hoodie. "Actually, standing next to me makes you look short."

"HYUNG!" Chan burst out, hitting Mingyu on his arm, to which the older just laughed loudly. Chan pouted at him with arms crossed.

"You look great, Chan," Mingyu said, playfully patting his head.

Chan took off the hoodie. "I will buy this when I get my allowance soon," he said, looking at the hoodie stretched in front of him with starry eyes. "Let's go, Hyung!" And with that, the two returned the hoodie and went out of the clothes store.

It was still the very same weekend, in case you might be wondering. How Mingyu could end up hanging out with Chan was another story. Last night, after sending the texts to Wonwoo, he talked with Seokmin again, and told him that he really was in desperate need of distractions. Seokmin asked about Jihoon and Soonyoung but Mingyu explained of course it wouldn't be appropriate since both were Wonwoo's friends as well; he just didn't want things to go the wrong way. That was when Chan popped into Seokmin's head and suggested if Mingyu could maybe hang out with him as some distractions. He then sent him Chan's number and Mingyu soon contacted him.

The younger boy was so lit up soon as Mingyu asked if they could go somewhere today. He usually attended a dance class with his friend, that kid Minhyuk, but apparently he wasn't available this weekend and he didn't want to look like a lost kid in the class. So when Mingyu asked, he accepted it with a loud, uppercase 'yes' and 'whoo-hoo', things he learnt from his brother's boyfriend, the one-in-a-million Kwon Soonyoung. He thought Mingyu was a cool person that one time he came over and Mingyu thought the same as well so they might be good friends or some sorts.

So the hangout began. Mingyu had told Chan so that he kept this a secret from his brother to which Chan answered, "He wouldn't even care, though. That doesn't mean I would tell him either." Truly, their brotherhood was unique. Mingyu didn't actually know what to do so he just let Chan decide, to which the younger agreed joyfully. So they visited the arcade, a place where boys of Chan's age, including himself, often spent time at. They played lots of games: shooting, basketball tossing, racing, even mole whacking and claw machine, and Mingyu admitted it relieved lots of his stress. Chan had great laughs too; it was fun. He ended up having to beg so that Mingyu could play Pump It Up with him. All in his life, never had Mingyu touched this game so he was glad he was even able to step correctly for some notes, contrast to Chan who always killed the hardest difficulties.

They then went to grab a late lunch and Mingyu decided to facetime Seokmin, telling how he took good care of his little cousin--as to his point of view, and Chan didn't protest. As usual, Seokmin was loud and hilarious. The three laughed together as Mingyu and Chan finished their lunch. They also visited the street food court at which Chan stopped at a booth which sold a long jelly-candy that you can slurp, the one with a name Mingyu didn't know. Chan pulled out his money from his pockets, but then looked at Mingyu with a pouty look, "Hyung, can you buy this for me, please?" And of course, Mingyu couldn't reject the younger.