[11] how i met satan

After Aaron and I's 'incident' he had been acting distant, and it made me wonder if I had been doing anything wrong. Did he actually want to kiss me that day, or was there something on my face? I pick at my nails, a habit I recently got back after the accident. I frown as blood starts to seep from the small wound, but wipe it away and get up from my bed.

A sharp knock echoes through the house, and I follow Lucy to see who it is. We rarely get visitors, as none of us are from around here so our only friends are each other.

Lucy swings open the door and standing in the doorway is a boy, not much older than me with messy blonde hair and wide eyes. He looks scared, with his hands shoved forcefully into his jean pockets.

"Can we help you?" Asks Lucy, not letting him in.

"Is Aaron here?" He asks, his voice is high pitched, laced with fear and something else. 

Excitement?

Lucy meets my eyes and we share looks of confusion.

"Uuhh, yeah. Aaron!" She calls up the stairs. Aaron swings himself round to see what's happening. As soon as he meets the boy's eyes, he goes still. Then, in a moment of terrifying silence he raises a shaking finger to point at the boy
"You." His voice is steady, but still uncertain.

"You. You monster!" He cries out, and he's suddenly downstairs and holding the boy against the doorframe.

"Aaron, my best friend!" Grins the boy.

"I will never ever be friends with you after what you did." Aaron is fuming, his tone is deathly and Lucy and I step back. Fear creeps into my veins.

"Aaron, who is he?" I ask softly. He rips his head to the side to meet my confused eyes. His eyes soften for a second, but then rapidly go back to the threatening glare.

"This, is Adam Kentucky. He ruined my life." He says through gritted teeth.

"You were asking for it, flaunting around with her." Adam spits out 'her' with extra venom.

"You didn't have to ruin her life as well." Says Aaron. Lucy steps in to intervene. Derek and Jackson appear at the top of the stairs. Jackson's eyes go wide and Derek furrows his eyebrows in concern. Penny and Rose appear in the kitchen doorway, surveying the scene. Penny grins and Rose smacks her on the arm.

"Alright, why don't we all sit in the living room so that Aaron and Adam can tell us what exactly is going on?" Suggests Lucy. We all make our way to the living room, Jackson and Derek working hard to restrain Aaron. Adam is held back by Lucy, who has her elbow poised above his shoulder, ready to attack. Penny has her elbow digging into his back, holding him with her arm around his belly. He almost looks like he might be enjoying himself.

When we make it, Aaron flops down on one sofa, and the girls force Adam down on the other. Rose and I , being the only ones not restraining someone, sit back to back on the floor in the middle, ready stop any attacks.

"So, explain." Says Rose, voice harder than I've ever heard it.

"Well, this skunk, stole my girlfriend after running her over to prove a point!" Aaron yells. Adam grins maniacally.

"I didn't run her over. I just gave her a knock to show her who's boss." Adam points out.

"You killed her!" Aaron shouts. My heart skips a beat in fear.

"Who is this girl?" I ask.

"Sophie Fielde. The most beautiful girl in the city." Answers Adam. He digs in his pocket and pulls out a Polaroid. One face (Aaron's probably) has been burnt out by a cigarette but the other one is still clear. It's a girl, seventeen probably, with long auburn hair twisted into a side plait. She has tanned skin and is wearing heavy mascara and pink lip gloss but no other makeup. Her stunning curves immediately make me self-conscious about my stick legs, ginger hair and freckles splattered everywhere.

"So, Adam, you didn't like that this girl was going out with Aaron so you knocked her over with your car?" I ask incredulously. He grins and nods. Aaron audibly growls.
"But why?" Asks Penny.
"She deserved it," shrugs Adam. I widen my eyes.
"What did she ever do to you?" Lucy asks.
His grin falters for a beat.
"She stole my best friend." He mutters. Lucy almost laughs.
"That's so stupid." She says.
"You're so stupid," He says back, anger darting across his face. Derek is on his feet in an instant, wrenching the boy from the girls' grip and holding him by his neck.
"Don't you dare talk to her like that," Derek's voice is quiet, yet thrashing against its constraints. He soundly deadly and I cower slightly. Lucy's cheeks are flushed with pink and Rose grins beside me. Penny just smirks.
Finally, Derek drags the boy to the door and shoves him out.
"Aaaand, cheerio!" He smiles evilly with his horrible British accent before slamming the door and sliding the lock across.
Then, he turns to face us again.
"Well then, what's for dinner?"

==

This is another chapter, but honestly I just went back to school and everything's busy and I need to read the book that made my writing style again just so I can actually write other chapters. Oh, and this version is going to be about 70 chapters, so beware. Haha.

K bye.