E P I L O G U E

ONE MONTH LATER

Kennedy PoV
Omar N. Bradley once said that bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death.

One year ago, there were six people who were best friends, but they only saw each other once a year.

Then, in a strange twist of fate, that six became seven and suddenly nothing was the same.

New York wasn't just a holiday anymore.
It was their home.

My name is Eva Harper, and I could not be happier to say that those six people are not my best friends.

They're family.

My parents may be dead and I may still be in recovery, and the nightmares of those few weeks I spent in Adam's captivity may still haunt me, but I have them.

And I have Aaron.

So now we stand in one long line, in the centre of the Brooklyn Bridge, right where there is a chip in the wall, staring over the East River. The sun is setting in the distance, and my hand is gripped in Aaron's. Pennys hand is gripped in Jackson's, and Lucy's in Derek's.

After the incident, we reported it to the police and Rose, Adam and all of his fifty men were all sentenced to life in prison.

Operation Hereditary was taken down, and I couldn't be happier.

Standing here, with all of my family, in the place where we shed so many tears and were stripped to our  last breaths, I smile.

And a single tear makes its way down my cheek.

Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.