Twenty Four - The One Where We End It All PART ONE

This Chapter is in Third Person
The air is thick with smoke. It chokes all the people who enter, and forces them to turn back.
The only person in there not forced out by the smoke is a girl in a glass box.
She is attached to wires from all sides, ginger hair once beautiful now anguished and lifeless. The blue eyes that once shone like they were lit from the soul, now desolate and destroyed.
Her wrists are tied to the floor and they are mangled, twisted unnaturally so the girl can rest her head. Her eyes are half open half shut like a drunken man's. Her mouth is shut, amplified by the blood trickling from it and the tube forcing food and water down her throat every twenty four hours. She has long ago forgotten what it feels like to be alive, and has fallen into helpless despair.

Every half an hour she suddenly jolts unnaturally, like an unwanted doll that was once loved.

But, when the door is broken down and a group of people enters, she perks up at familiar voices and when the glass is smashed by three manly fists, she manages to open her eyes.

Exhaustion and pain cripple her as the wires are ripped from her body, leaving red circles and cuts where they were before.

She is hoisted into the tallest boy's arms, limp and light like a feather.

They don't get very far though, as almost immediately after the last wire is removed, the door slams shut and the smoke dissipates.
Instead, a crackling voice echoes from hidden speakers.

"You thought you could get away. You can't. You will never be able to get away from me."
The people in the room all tense, except for the now unconscious girl.
"Kennedy is close to dead and you won't be able to take her to a hospital without an explanation. How are you going to explain a girl that has clearly been slowly electrocuted for three weeks? Or that she has scarring to her oesophagus because of a tube that has forced food down her throat? Good luck with that, she'll be dead before long. Anyway, there is some things you might want to know before you go flaunting yourselves away from me.
Kennedy was always supposed to end up dead. Right from the moment her parents signed that contract she was sentenced to death. Her death certificate has been written already, for this day. Her seventeenth birthday."
At this, the boy carrying the girl, starts to go purple with rage. A second girl falls to the floor, breaking down into laboured sobs.
"Kennedy Harper's parents, Blaise and Jospeh, are FBI agents. Of course, Derek you already know that."
The boy holding the girl looks to another one that's crouched next to the other girl.
"Why didn't you tell us?" He asks.
The boy on the floor stands up suddenly.
"Oh my god I can't believe I forgot to tell you guys. When Kennedy and I went to look for Lucy in England, we found a room full of pictures of Kennedy and Oslo. There were loads of Kennedy and Lucy when they were kids and some documents on a table. We found out that Kennedy's parents were FBI Agents Blaise Mcallister and Joseph Harper. She'd been lied to her whole life and I never thought twice about it." Derek explains.
The entire group of people freezes.
The voice over the speaker laughs.
"That's right, now, Lucy why don't you tell us what dear Rose did to you."
The girl on the floor, Lucy, gulps.
"Rose is the one that burnt down Kennedy's house. She took me a few minutes ago and injected me with some drug. Now I remember everything. I just assumed my childhood was so long ago I couldn't remember it, but I do now.
Kennedy and I were best friends. We did everything together but one day we were playing a spy game and found her parents signing something in their kitchen, they shouted at us and then we were taken into a van. And thats when we were sent away to a different countries. We grew up in Iceland." She says, tears springing to her eyes.

"Oh my god." Derek whispers.

The voice over the speaker comes back.
"That's right, this is so much bigger than you thought."

To be continued.