Fifteen - The One With Gunpowder

Kennedy's PoV
Oslo.
His gelled back ginger hair strides into view. I blink my blue eyes, a hesitant smile creeping onto my face.
"Hey," he smirks. Aaron tenses beside me.
I hug Oslo, it feels unnatural, but at the same time right. When we release, He bustles us out of the airport where a minibus is waiting. It's rundown and sad, scratched yellow paint covers it.

The headquarters of Operation Hereditary are not at all like I'd expected.
Upper Manhattan, a circle of large, new looking warehouses. In the middle is a large pool filled with what looks like weaponry.

Oslo helps us sneak in through the maintenance entrance. The warehouse we sneak into is filled with lavish offices, each intricately decorated with handcuffs and blood splatters shaped into art.
We put on disguises of tight maroon dresses and suits. Oslo hands us all IDs, lanyards with our pictures and credentials. As he is Adams right hand man, he has the authority and trust to let whoever in.
A few heads turn when we stride past the armoury pool, but other than that we make it through with minor disturbances.
The girl, Jessica, is nothing like I expected.
She is cooped up in a lightly guarded room in one of the warehouses.
The room is equipped with only a bed and toilet.
The walls are a dark beige, contrasting the blue carpet.

The girl herself has dyed blonde hair twisted into two Dutch plaits.
Her whole body is deeply tanned, in her hand she holds a dead phone and on her neck is a shell necklace.
Her wrists hold five scrunches, and two more on her ankles.
Her shoes look like old worn sandals. When she notices us, she looks up.
"Skskskskks." Is all she whispers.
Penny scoffs.
"She's a VSCO girl. We should just leave her." She states.
We all give her he same confused look.
"What's one of them?" Aaron asks, arms crossed.
"A girl who basically is like the 2019 of tumblr." She explains.
"That explains a lot." I mutter.
Penny laughs.
Oslo takes a series of keys out of his pocket.
One by one, he opens three locks and unhooks the door from the floor and wall.
Jessica rushes out, arms attached to Aaron and Jackson's necks.
A tinge of jealousy makes its way through me but I push it aside and focus on getting them out of there.
Cold New York air hits us as we leave the warehouse, Jessica disguised the same as us. Luckily, Oslo had managed to distract the little security on the outside of the warehouse enough for us to get Jessica out without anybody noticing there is an extra person.

The gold strappy heels I've been attacked with squeeze my feet as I clumsily lead our group to the exit.
"Well, well, Well what do we have here then?"
We spin around.
My blood freezes and my veins fall into oblivion.
Adam.
Aaron lets go of Jessica, and strides over to him.
Half a second later there is a gun to his throat and I find myself held by the waist by a woman in her twenties.
Her breath smells of alcohol, and I can tell she's drunk by the way she keeps stumbling.
I lift my eyes to the others, each one held at gunpoint by a serious looking man in a suit.
I'm the only one not at gunpoint.
I'm our only hope.

Lucy's PoV
I feel as if I am balancing on the edge of a needle.
The cold metal of a gun is not the thing I expected to be pressed against my skull today.

My blonde hair falls in crazy, frizzy waves over my shoulders as I fumble in my pocket with attempted discretion.
Adam strides into the Center of the large circle we've made around the armoury-pool.
Bile rises up my throat as he flicks his blonde hair away from his icy eyes.
I wriggle as he pulls a shiny pistol from his waistband and points it at Aaron.
"So, what brings you to my humble abode?" Adam sneers.
"I heard you'd been breeding puppies and wanted one for my sister," Aaron Says back. A smile slips onto my face as Adam grumbles.
"Ha ha. Very funny," Aaron replies.
Then, he grabs Oslo and another teenage boy from the crowd of watching people.
"Which one let you in? Was it Oslo? Or was it little Jakey?" He grabs a young girl, younger than me, "or was it Florence?"
Aaron shakes his head.
"It wasn't any of them. We let ourselves in. Seriously, where are the puppies?" Chimes in Kennedy.
Adam spins to her.
Walks up to her, grinning.
"Ahh, I forgot about the pretty one."
He takes a hand and twists it around her waist length ginger hair.
Aaron cries out.
"Oh, sorry, is your boyfriend jealous?"
Aaron yells in protest.

Suddenly, Kennedy forces herself backwards into the woman holding her, kicks Adam in the groin and takes his gun. Then, she hits the backs of the guards' heads with the butt of it.
Before they can react, they're all face down on the floor.
One by one, we all take our guard's guns and stand in a circle around Jessica.
The rest of the gang are surrounding us, armed as well.
Derek is beside me, gun raised clumsily in the air.
"Are you okay?" He whispers in my ear.
I nod frantically.
"You?"
He nods.
I take a deep breath and point my gun towards the sky.
Carefully, I pull the trigger and am forced backwards by the pressure of the bullet reaching into the sky.

Then, everything goes into slow motion.
The gang are obviously startled by my shot, and so are my friends.
Aaron launches himself out into the open, and releases a round of badly aimed shots into open spaces between people.
Kennedy and Rose have Jessica between them, and are bustling her through the commotion.

I find my footing a few seconds later and find myself face to face with an armed girl. She has tattooed arms and piercings everywhere.

She pulls the trigger.

Penny's PoV
Adrenaline is like gasoline.
It has spread itself around my body, circulating my veins like air conditioning.
My gun is the lit match, and as soon as I fire my first shot, missing the target completely, the adrenaline is lit up and I am convinced I am on fire.

My legs carry me beyond the action and to where Adam is making a quick getaway on a motorcycle.

As soon as I'm within range, I attempt to aim at his tires and just as he speeds around the corner I fire three shots.
One lands, one misses and one skims his back tyre.
The one that lands lands on the front wheel, right under the mud guard.
"Gotcha," I whisper, once he flies off of the bike that has stopped abruptly.
I run over to him, and I see Jackson behind me.
"Hey," He says.
"Hey." I reply.
Together, we haul him off of the ground, but before we get too far he manages to catch mine and Jackson's legs.
We both fall to the ground, dazed whilst Adam disappears to God knows where.

Aaron's PoV
I have never taken a life before.
I have never used a weapon.
I have never fired a gun.
Yet, here I am completing all three of those things.
So far I have killed two people, managing to headshot them.
Derek runs up behind me and takes out a woman about to shoot at us.
Every time I hear gunfire my heart sinks lower.
We could have killed an innocent.
They could have killed Kennedy.
I push the thoughts back in my head.
"Quick, Kennedy and Rose have Jessica. Jackson and Penny tried to take down Adam." He mutters in my ear.
We nod to each other and fire two shots in the air, one from each gun.
Then, whilst the gang is distracted we shoot out through one of the back entrances after depositing the guns on the armoury roof.

Kennedy's PoV
When we make it out onto the backstreet that is littered with police cars, I find Jessica being hauled into ambulance, and Jackson and Penny in another.
Rose follows me as I search for Aaron and Derek.
I can't find them anywhere.

Sirens wail in my ears as police attack me from all sides with questions about the gunshots.
"Kennedy." It's Aaron.
I spin myself around and find my face pressed against his chest.
"Oh my god. You're alive." I breathe.
Aaron nods.
"And you are too," He replies.
I let go and grin at him.
He smiles.
"Are the others okay?" It's Derek. I look at him and nod.
"Jackson and Penny might have concussions and we think Jessica might have sprained an ankle but other than that all is good." Rose replies.

"Okay, what about Lucy?" Derek asks.
My heart stops.
Lucy.
"Oh my god I thought she was with you?" I rush.
Aaron holds me by the shoulders.
"It's okay. We'll find her."

Lucy's PoV
I'm dead. I must be dead.
I see white, and only white.
Is this what it feels like to be dead?
I can't feel my legs. 
I can feel my arms.
Heck, I can't feel my body.

"Hey, it's okay it's okay."

The voice is sweet and smooth like caramel.
"Derek. Where is he?" I ask, my eyes still won't open.
"I don't know who Derek is, can you open your eyes for me."
I manage to force my eyelids up and I inhale candy floss. Or at least the smell of it.
"Where am I?" My voice is raspy.
"Why, you're in the Operation Hereditary headquarters of course. Your new home."
-
;)
BTW
I'm renaming this book
Innocent Murderers.
If you don't like it then oh well
😂😂
Love you beautiful people xx