Sixteen - The One With The White Room

Lucy's  PoV

I have forgotten how to breathe. The woman from earlier is long gone, yet her words still echo around me meaninglessly.

"Your new home."

She must be lying. I must still be dreaming.
I am supposed to be in my mother's apartment with my little sister René. I am not supposed to be lying in a bed, paralysed, in a warehouse heavily involved in illegal activity.
I pull on the tight restraints keeping me on the bed, the metal cuts into my skin and I wince.
How am I going to get out of here?
I try to thrash my legs, but a needle is stuck in them, attached to an IV feeding numbing and paralysing drugs into them.
I would rip them out, but the small, whitewashed room is littered with cameras.
And the only door is locked.
With five locks.

Oh god.
I'm doomed.

Kennedy's PoV
"Where is she?" I yell into the cops' faces.
They stare at me.
"We already told you, we searched all of the buildings and they are all empty." One says.
I cry out in frustration, messing up my hair.
Aaron appears behind me.
"She's not answering her phone," He says quietly.
I meet his sad, green eyes and sigh.
"We'll find her. I'm sure." I whisper, brushing a curl from his face.
His face remains stony, his eyes quiet and sad.
"How's Derek doing?" I break the unnerving silence.
Aaron shakes his head.
"Not good, he tried to get back into the warehouses and then threatened the police with guns." He explains.
I find my eyes filling with tears.
The loss of Lucy had been a huge shockwave on my friends. We don't even know if she's still alive.
"I'll go and talk to him." I say.
Then, I drop my hand from his shoulder and walk away, towards Derek.
When I reach him, he turns to me and my heart finds itself ripped into two. His skin is paler than mine, and his bleached blonde hair has been carelessly pushed behind his ears. His eyes are filled with tears, and every time one falls he doesn't bother to wipe it away.
His eyes meet mine, brown eyes against blue. Bloodshot against blank.
I take his hand in mine, and he squeezes it.
I can't stand it anymore, so I pull him into a hug where he breaks down into my shoulder.
He's taller than me, but his face rests on my shoulder and I stand on my tip toes.
"I can't do this. I can't live without her." He says.
"It's okay. It will be okay." I reply.

But the saddest part is, I don't know if it will be.

Lucy's PoV
I have no sense of time other than the few hourly intervals between when the woman comes back.
Each time she does I ask her questions. Each time she ignores me.
I find myself sleeping a lot, and imagining what the others are doing.
Are they looking for me?
I hope so.

I'm startled awake from my daydream when the door opens.
It's only been a few minutes since my last interaction with humanity, so I'm surprised when a figure walks through the door.
I can't make out who it is, until they stop right by my bed.
Adam.
His hair is flopped backwards in a neat, blonde pony tail.
His grey eyes are stormy and hardened.
He smiles when he sees me.
"Hello." He says.
I grumble, and thrash my arms against the handcuffs.
He chuckles.
"Don't try it. It will never work."
"How could you?" I ask, scowling.
"How could I What?"
"Kidnap me, you know, I didn't volunteer to be here!" I protest, tears forming in my eyes despite my restraint.
He leans in and wipes a stray tear from my face. I feel myself tensing under his touch.
I whimper, and he removes his hand slowly, torturously.
"Oh, it was quite funny watching your friends spiral yesterday." He says with a flat voice.
"You didn't hurt them did you?" I ask, panic rising like a flame within me.
He taps his nose.
The lights turn off for a split second and when they turn back on he is gone.
"Wow, I'll get you one day!" I call into the light, but the only response I get is the lights turning off again.
I am drowned in darkness for hours.

Derek's PoV
I should have told her I love her. I should have know something like this would happen.
Lucy could be dead.
Dead because of me.
I punch the wall of the motel we're staying at.
Aaron put an application in for a three bedroom apartment in downtown Brooklyn, we move in tomorrow.
I scuff up the worn carpet, and watch dust fly up above my converse. 
I should have been there.
She was the only one working alone.

Why was I so stupid?

I spend the next five minutes imagining the worst thing possible that could have happened to her.

It involves a lot of knives.

It makes me sick.

-
Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Short chapter. I know.

Check out lucypede 's new story, All Crossed Out.
And thank you for 130 reads and 20 votes.
Love yall beautiful people.
Xx