The Tower

Author's Note: Chapter 3!

||-//

Peter's POV

After Mr. Stark got me into the car, he sat me in the back with me in the middle of him and Dr. Strange. I leaned into Mr. Stark's side. Just really wanting to sleep at this point, but anytime I did Aunt May's face would appear in my head. Sometimes making me jump a little. Mr. Stark wrapped his arm around my shoulder pulled me closer to him. I was fidgeting with my hands. My face still had tears on it.

I felt someone wipe the tears away. I look up at Dr. Strange. He grabbed me a small smile and I tried to return it. Then Mr. Stark lifted his arm from my shoulder and grabbed Dr. Strange's shirt. Which I realized they were wrapping causal clothes, maybe nightclothes.

"Come here, Stephenie, join our cuddle party," Stark said. Dr. Strange rolled his eyes and laid his head on my shoulder and smiled. I actually smiled a little too.

Mr. Stark had his arm around me and Dr. Strange and his other arm was on my thigh.  I laid my head on Mr. Stark's shoulder for a few minutes before I see the tower coming into view. I look at Mr. Stark.

"Why are we at the tower?" I asked him.

"This is where you're staying with everyone," Mr. Stark said. I nodded and before I could ask another question. I heard a light snoring come from my shoulder. I turn my head to see, Dr. Strange was asleep on my shoulder. I look back at Mr. Stark and he quietly laughed.

"Stephen had a rough night last night before we came to get you" Mr. Stark whispered quietly to me.

"Why didn't he stay at the tower then?" I asked, looking at Mr. Stark.

"Well, when Happy told us you were waiting at the hospital, I told Stephen to stay actually get some rest, but he refused. When he heard it was you, he wanted to go. And I can't stop him from seeing his favorite kid," Mr. Stark explained. I looked at him with a puzzled look.

"Favorite kid?" I asked. Mr. Stark laughed again.

"I don't know if you realized this, but Stephen adores you when you come to the tower," Mr. Stark said. Rubbing his hand in my hair.

"He adores me?" I continued to ask.

"He sure does, he loves when you ask him questions about him and how you make me happy when we're in the lab," Mr. Stark said. I smiled a little. Dr. Strange likes me.

That's when the car came to a stop in front of the tower. Mr. Stark stepped out first.

"Here let me get Stephen before you get out, he doesn't like being woken up from his naps," Mr. Stark. I nodded.

Mr. Stark walked to the other side of the car and opened the door. He scooped Dr. Strange into his arms. Mr. Stark closed the door with his foot and I stepped out of the car too. Mr. Stark walked me to the doors before they slide open for us. We walked through the lobby to the huge elevator. He pushed the up button. Quickly the elevator opened and we stepped inside. Mr. Stark pushed a number floor. That I believe was his floor. The ride up was quiet, except for Dr. Strange's quiet snores.

The elevator stopped on the floor and we walked out. Mr. Stark walked over to the couch and laid Dr. Strange on the couch. Picking up the blanket that laid on the back over Dr. Strange. Mr. Stark stood up and walked over to me.

"Come on, Peter I'll show you, your room," he said. Yeah, my room until Child Services comes. I nodded and slowly followed him to the room. We made it to the room. It was a lot bigger than the one in May's apartment. May...

I quietly cried behind Mr. Stark when he was showing me around the room, where the bathroom, the closet, and a deck. He turned around to me. His smiling face turned to a concerned one. He kneeled in front of me. My arms were wrapped around my waist, as I was trying to comfort myself. Mr. Stark placed his hands on my forearms.

"Peter, what's wrong?" he said, concern in his voice. I cried harder.

"I-I want M-May!" I cried. Tears pouring from my face again. Mr. Stark stood up and hugged me, I didn't hug back.

"I know, Peter, I know. Sh sh it's okay, you're okay," Mr. Stark whispered.

"No, it's not! I lost everyone! Now in two days, I'll be in the system!" I yelled.

"I won't see you and Dr. Strange again," I whispered. Crying into Mr. Stark's shoulder now.

"Sh, Peter, sh. It's okay. You want to go sleep with Stephen?" Mr. Stark asked. I nodded.

Before I could make my way to the door, Mr. Stark picked me up. I squeaked and wrapped my arms around his neck. And my legs around his waist. His arms around my back.

"Is this okay?" he asked. I nodded. He started to make his way back to the living room with me. When we walked in Dr. Strange started to wake up. He sat up and rubbed his eyes. He turned to me and Mr. Stark.

"Hey you two, what's up," he asked and started to yawn. Making Mr. Stark laugh.

"Peter was wondering if he could sleep with you for a bit?" Mr. Stark asked for me. Dr. Strange smiled.

"Of course, come lay down with me," Dr. Strange, I smiled. Mr, Stark sat me on the ground and I walked over to Dr. Strange.

Dr. Strange picked up the blanket and laid down on the couch. I laid down next to him and wrapped my arms around his back and he did the same for me. I felt Mr. Stark lay the blanket over us and I drifted to sleep.