Chapter One

[Sunday night]

« Tikki, I think it's time for me to give up on Adrien. »

Marinette was lying on the floor of her room. Her heart was aching, and it almost felt like bleeding. But it was only the tears in her eyes that fell on her cheeks, leaving behind a warm sensation that her heart lacked the most.

"What ? Marinette no ! You can't just let go of him now ! You haven't even confessed your love to him and you—"

"You heard him ! He said he was in love with someone else. He said the love of his life was someone else..."

She closed her eyes and remembered her conversation with the young man on the back-sit of his car. He clearly told her that the girl he loved told him how bad his jokes and puns were. The girl he loved... So someone other than her had already stole his heart. Why is she surprised ? She could barely pronounce a correct sentence in his presence. She would get extremely shy next to him. All her attempts to confess her love to him were meant to fail. Yes, she was kind, thoughtful, honest, friendly and talented. She was Marinette dupain cheng! But in front of the love of HER life, Adrien freaking Agreste, she was nothing.

 "What about this – suggested her red kwami – why don't you try to tell him once and for all how you truly feel, then give up completely. I'm telling you, Marinette, you will never feel at ease unless you let it out of your chest."

The girl sighed as she helplessly stood up from the cold floor and took her phone to call the one who always got her back.

"Alya, I think I'm gonna do it tomorrow."

[Monday morning]

For the first time of her life, Marinette came early to school. She didn't want to wait for another two hours to talk to the boy. Alya was sitting next to her

"Are you afraid? » Alya asked, holding her friend's shaky hands.

Marinette froze, and that's all she could do. She froze, and she couldn't get a hold to herself anymore. Only now did she realise what she was about to do. In some minutes, she would stand infront of Adrien Agreste and tell him she's in love with him.

"Afraid? Me? From What? Why would I be afraid? »

Alya didn't answer, and God she hated that side of her, that side that would leave her hanging in simple yet powerful words.

"Him... I shouldn't be thinking about this nonsense. He's... He's... special. He's my friend. No matter what happens, he'll be my friend. He –"She noticed her tears falling, and she felt like shattering... What was happening? why was she crying? She hasn't been rejected yet !

"I'm frightened, she whispered as she wiped her tears and got a grip of herself. I'm frightened, but I have no choice."

The two girls embraced one another in each other's arms, when they heard a familiar laughter at the end of the hall.

"Nino!" Alya waved to her boyfriend who waved back with a wide smile. Marinette did not even hear her best friend's voice. Her gaze was focused on the aura of the young model. Golden hair, emerald eyes, beautiful smile. He was the man she loved, and she knew it once she saw him that morning. All her attempts at repressing her feelings went to vain.

"Marinette !"

"Eh, what ?"

"Nino and Adrien are here", Alya commented.

"Oh, right. Hi Nino. Adrien... hi."

"Good morning Marinette !" Adrien responded kindly.

"Nino, come with me ! remarked Alya. I need to talk to you about my new theories of Paris's new superheroes –"

"What –"

"Nino !" insisted the young girl as she pinched her boyfriend from his arm.

"Oh, right. Theories. Sorry dude, duty calls."

"Nah it's fine, Adrien replied. I'll catch you later in class !"

"Meanwhile, Why don't you have a little chat with Mari, Alya hinted to her friend. I'm sure you guys have something to talk about"

"Do we ?" Adrien looked back to his friend who hesitated to answer.

"eh... Well... ah... actually... ahaha ... the thing is... I..."

"ADRIKIIIIIIIIIIIINS"

Ugh.

Chloe Bourgeois.

Just why, of all times.

Chloe was a spoiled little brat. Daddy's daughter, and sadly, Adrien's childhood friend. She hated her guts and Marinette hated hers.

"Why you're standing here with 'her' ? She glared in despise. Come, come, adrikiiiins, let's go to class together!"

"Chole, hi ! Adrien chuckled uncomfortably. Actually Marinette and I were about to discuss something."

Humph.

Chloe grabbed Adrien's arm and pulled him away to her, she looked at Marinette with a challenging glare that usually she would give back. But now, Marinette was vulnerable. She knew something bad was already about to happen, so she couldn't bring herself to fight Chloe Bourgeois, not now at least. She watched her blond classmates walk away from her, and she surprisingly couldn't do a thing."Remember who you are, Marinette. She muttered under her breath. You're Ladybug. You're Ladybug. You can do it."

" I LOVE YOU !"

For a moment, it seemed like the clocks lost its tocks. There was only Marinette Dupain Cheng, and Adrien Agreste, facing each other, with no one to judge them, no one to laugh at her, no one to criticise her. Time waits for no man, they say. Well now, it was her who waited for no time. There they were. He was staring at her, eyes wide open. She said it.She said it.

"I'm in love with you, Adrien."

He smiled and walked slowly towards her. Was it a dream ? No, she could still hear Chloe's annoying voice. This wasn't a dream. He was smiling. He was walking in her direction. Was he in love with her too ? Did he finally realised it ? Marinette blushed harder and harder. Alya and Nino were watching from the stairs. All the school was gathered around them. Now there was only few inches between them. He slowly moved his hand and placed it on top of her dark hair.

"I'm sorry, Marinette. I'm in love with someone else."

.

.

.

Hello everyone, my name is Lily and this is probably the first time in ages since I posted a fanfiction online. Tell me what do you think and what are your impressions after reading this first chapter <3