Cooking Interruptions ~ Sylvain x Reader

・°.♦︎~★˚✧♪〜.♥︎.•♦︎•.♥︎.〜♪✧˚★~♦︎.°・

Cooking Interruptions

Sylvain x Reader

Game: Fire Emblem: Three Houses

・°.♦︎~★˚✧♪〜.♥︎.•♦︎•.♥︎.〜♪✧˚★~♦︎.°・

"Hmm... still not quite ready..."

Checking the pan, you saw that the food you were preparing for today's meal wasn't cooked enough, meaning you had to leave it there until it was ready. Looking at the vegetables placed on the large plate, you decided to cut them up as you waited, so that you could place them in the pan.

Grabbing a knife, you pick up one of the carrots and place it down on the wooden board, just to get it in the right position before you began cutting the vegetable.

*slice* *slice* *slice*

After doing so, you carefully lifted the board up and used the knife to scrape the carrot slices off and into the pan. Placing the board back on the counter, you were just about to cut another carrot until you heard the floorboard creak quietly under someone's weight. Before you could question who the mystery person was, he began to speak to you—

"What's cooking, good lookin'?"

It was Sylvain, of course, judging by his voice (and also because you knew that no one else at the monastery would even use a pick-up line like that anymore!). You turn around, finding him leaning against the doorframe with a small smirk upon his lips.

"Ha, never heard that one before!" You reply sarcastically, smiling at him. He chuckled, beginning to make his way into the Dining Hall to see you.
"So, I assume they chose a cute girl to cook for us?" Sylvain asked, taking a look at what you were preparing. You ignored the flirty comment and nodded, placing another carrot on the wooden board and cutting the vegetable into smaller pieces again.

*slice* *slice* *slice*

"Yes, it was—" Just as you were about to tip the carrot slices into the pan, you suddenly felt a pair of arms snake around your waist, making you freeze on the spot. Rather amused by your reaction, Sylvain rested his chin on top of your shoulder and placed a quick kiss on your neck before he looked at the pan. You could feel a blush darkening your cheeks, but you continued with your cooking, trying to ignore the feeling...

Tilting his head slightly, Sylvain looked up at you— "Wow darling, you're a good cook...!" He complimented, his breath ticking your ear softly. A shiver ran down your spine as you lifted up the wooden board, almost dropping it in the process, yet you managed not to cause such a mess and scrape the carrot slices into the pan, placing the board on the counter again once you finished.
"Um, thank you my love... now, w-why don't you go wait somewhere until I've finished cooking?" You suggested, secretly not really wanting him to go.
Sylvain shook his head slightly, wondering if there was any way to make you stutter more... he thought you sounded utterly adorable when trying your hardest to speak without jumbling up words!

"What? And leave my lovely lady alone? I would never!" He teased, placing a loving kiss on your cheek that you couldn't help but smile to.
"Aw! Don't worry Sylvain, Mercedes will be back soon, so I won't be alone!" You giggled quietly.
Sylvain paused for a moment, raising a brow.
"Mercedes? Is she also on cooking duty?" He asked.
"Yes, but she's just gone into town to buy some more ingredients. She'll be back soon,"
Thinking about what you said, his smirk only grew wider...
"Really? Well, if that's the case..."
You were going to cut some more vegetables, but it seems that'll just have to wait for now, because once Sylvain lifted his head up from your shoulder, he suddenly twirled you around to face him. Surprised from this, you accidentally dropped the knife on the board (thankfully) and yelped.
"Sylvain?! What are you—?!"

And before you knew it, you felt his lips press on your own in a rough manner. The rest of your words were muffled into his unexpected kiss, and you found yourself somewhat incapable of pulling away— though why would you do such a thing? Your arms had a mind of their own as they wrapped around his neck, your fingers tangling into his red hair as you closed your eyes, enjoying the feeling of his lips against yours.

Sadly, that feeling was soon gone when he parted slowly, leaving your breathless and trying to process what happened. Enjoying seeing your red cheeks, Sylvain pulled a flush you even closer to him, if it was even possible. You looked up at him, noticing a spark of desire twinkling in his golden eyes.

"You said we were alone, after all..."

Just as he was about to lean in for another kiss, a shocked gasp was heard. Sylvain looked up and you turned around to see who was here...

"Oh my— d-did I come in at the wrong time?"

Mercedes squeaked, holding a bag full of the rest of the ingredients that she bought at the market. You widened your eyes and glared at Sylvain, but not too harshly. All he could do was chuckle nervously, slowly letting you go as he awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

"Ah, well, you see... I'll just take off!"

・°.♦︎~★˚✧♪〜.♥︎.•♦︎•.♥︎.〜♪✧˚★~♦︎.°・

Hey guys! Thank you for reading this one-shot. Hope you enjoyed it! x