The Ghost...? ~ Alfonse x Reader

・°.♦︎~★˚✧♪〜.♥︎.•♦︎•.♥︎.〜♪✧˚★~♦︎.°・

The Ghost...?

Alfonse x Reader

Game: Fire Emblem Heroes

IMPORTANT NOTE - Although I am always grateful for your votes, reads and comments, I'm afraid I've decided to stop adding the thank you parts, as I fear they may take up a lot of space in this book (you'll know what I mean if you've read my SSB x Reader book... XD). But thank you all so much for you kind words, voted and reads! As I said, I am always grateful for them and will always appreciate them! xoxo ^^

・°.♦︎~★˚✧♪〜.♥︎.•♦︎•.♥︎.〜♪✧˚★~♦︎.°・

"Alfonse!!"

The Prince woke up immediately from the cry of his name, eyes darting around the room in a panic until they met yours.

Your fearful, widened eyes.

"Sum— Y/n?!" He gasped, his hands quickly grasping onto yours, which were clinging onto his shirt for dear life, in fright of whatever it was that terrified you. With dry lips, you only managed to stammer his name quietly.
"A-Alfonse...!"
"What is it? Is everything okay?!" He asked, unsure of how to calm you down— he'd only just woke up, after all. He decided to hold you closer to him, wiping away loose strands of hair from your face, which was pale in terror.
"Alfonse..." You repeated, starting to relax just enough to lean your head against his shoulder, the fast pace of your troubled heart slowing down nicely. Although the Prince's cheeks were begging to redden, he smiled in relief once you began to calm down, asking you again what the problem was...

"I... thought I heard a ghost or... something..."

Never had Alfonse's heart dropped so fast.

He barely managed to hold in a gasp, eyes snapping open in shock. He tried focusing more on comforting you, failing to ignore the horrible thought of a ghost actually being around somewhere within the castle halls.... Was it hopefully your imagination that caused you see such a thing? Or...

Or is there actually a ghost nearby?!

"Alfonse?" You squeaked when his embrace tightened a little too hard around you, giving you no choice but to push your hands against his chest. He yelled in surprise, only to begin chuckling when he realised what had happened, leaving you to raise a brow.
"Is... everything okay?"
"Huh— what? Oh, y-yes! Everything's alright, Y/n..." He replied, hiding his own fears from you and forcing a smile.
"...I-I should be the one asking you! Hah... how are you feeling now? I'm... s-sure there's no ghost nearby!" He reassured rather dishonestly, his eyes glancing around the room once more before focusing on you again.
"I hope— I'm sure it was just your imagination... right?"

Frowning, you shrugged your shoulders (only to add more to his inner dread) and sighed, snuggling closer to your beloved, hands fiddling playfully with the material of his nightshirt.
"I... hope so,"
"You... you hope so?"

Feeling more relaxed, safe in his arms, you began to tell Alfonse about all the things that caused you to scream so suddenly. From the strange feeling that something just wasn't right, to when you heard an unexpected bang from outside, it all seemed like a distant memory now that he was awake, here to protect you...

Without knowing it, you were protecting him too, the poor Prince! Nothing soothed him most as your gentle touch, the way your eyes lovingly gazed into his own...  although he still felt a bit shaky from the 'ghost', he was soon able to build ease, unaware of nuzzling his nose into your soft hair, resulting in a small chuckle from you.

Certainly a nice way for Askr's beloved pair to fall asleep that night, content and secure with each other.

・°.♦︎~★˚✧♪〜.♥︎.•♦︎•.♥︎.〜♪✧˚★~♦︎.°・

Apologies for not updating last week ^^ thanks for reading! xx