I'm So Sorry ~ B!Claude x Reader

・°.♦︎~★˚✧♪〜.♥︎.•♦︎•.♥︎.〜♪✧˚★~♦︎.°・

I'm So Sorry

B!Claude x Reader

Game: Fire Emblem Heroes

Notes- B!Claude obviously means Brave Claude ^^
Just for context— Claude and the Summoner are dating, but the Summoner realises that she doesn't actually love him when he offers her something almost impossible :/

・°.♦︎~★˚✧♪〜.♥︎.•♦︎•.♥︎.〜♪✧˚★~♦︎.°・

"...What would you say about coming with me back to Almyra?"

The unexpected question left you speechless, your confused, panic-stricken eyes sprouting out the fears Almyra's King left buried deep down, not wanting to believe that they could possibly be true.

It was a selfish idea, desiring to bring Askr's Summoner to his own Kingdom, her strength and strategies catching his interest— someone valuable, he thought to himself, knowing that she would be good to use for his ideals for the future, just as he once thought Teach would certainly be.

But the more be fought besides you, the more his plans twisted nicely and changed for quite the better— wanting to have you just for your skills soon turned into craving to have you by his side...

It seems the King's feelings for you have proven to be true.

Only for his love for you ready to be crushed and torn, to unveil the horrible truth— you were nothing but a silly, pointless dream.

"Y/n?"

"N—no... no, Claude, I... I'm so sorry..."

You mumbled hesitantly, waiting desperately for his hands to let go of yours, the smaller ones he clasped with hope for you to accept his impossible request.

Every touch of his upon you was cloaked with warmth and love, whether it was simply by tucking away falling strands of your hair, or earnestly holding your hands as he was now— except this time was slightly tighter than usual.

You were fond him. Very fond, and there was no doubt you enjoyed the company of the man who always wanted to make you smile and laugh, who took double cautions to look out for you during battle, whose kisses— even the most playful of ones— never failed to spellbind you, butterflies fluttering excitedly within your stomach, as though your were being sent straight to heaven...

However, his passionate offer made you realise something you thought you were better off locking away, never to consider again.

Really, you were not in love with him.

This was all... it was all a bit of pleasure to you, actually. You finaly realised why he was the one who always caused you heart to thump uncontrollably, the one who's embrace you always relished in, why you found yourself longing for him to come back to you whenever he participated in patrols...

You only felt loved, and only yearned for more of that feeling... however, you were not in love with him. The truth is, is that you liked to be thought about endlessly by somebody else, and felt joy in feeling special...

But he was not special to you, you realised, and this time accepted.

"I'm so sorry... I—I'm sorry—! I think... i—it's best for me to go now..."

He could barely hear your soft, tearful whispers, finally knowing what was happening when you found the courage to slip your hands away from his, your eyes round in guilt and sadness as you began to step away from him.

It was the most painful thing to do to him, but it was only fair— he, as well as any other human, was undeserving to be in a relationship with someone who was unsure about love... in this case, with someone who didn't love him back.

"I must... g—go..."

He watched as you swiftly scurried away, just before he could say even a word back to you... so, instead, he smiled, a smile that did not erase the devastation written clearly over his features, a smile that was forced and unnatural.

"Nah... that's... alright. It's not like... I was actually expecting you to... accept... hah..."

He understood.

He was only planning on using you... at first. But still... he shouldn't get too upset about not having his feelings reciprocated... after all, it was all his fault, wasn't it? Who would want to be with someone who only wants to use them?

Even if he soon looked past his pathetic desires, and became fond you as a person, about who you are... you were right not to trust someone like him. He shouldn't be too hurt...

Right?

・°.♦︎~★˚✧♪〜.♥︎.•♦︎•.♥︎.〜♪✧˚★~♦︎.°・