Dreams ~ Seteth x Reader

・°.♦︎~★˚✧♪〜.♥︎.•♦︎•.♥︎.〜♪✧˚★~♦︎.°・

Dreams

Seteth x Reader

Game: Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Notes- WOOHOO!!! I managed to write an angsty story!! Yes!!! Woo!!! Yes... u-uh... anyway, let's get to it! Oh, and sorry if I made any spelling mistakes. I didn't really have much time to double proof read this one XD
This one is set in the Paralogue with Seteth and Flayn (An Ocean View... I think?), as if the Reader was Seteth's wife...

・°.♦︎~★˚✧♪〜.♥︎.•♦︎•.♥︎.〜♪✧˚★~♦︎.°・

"It reminds me how deeply I appreciate those years... and how I wish I could return to them..."

Seteth mumbled quietly, lower than a whisper as his emerald gaze travelled along the horizon of the golden beach, watching as the waves crashed softly.

In little time, he found a couple sat together on an old bridge, holding a fishing rod each as they tried to catch some fish, perhaps to save later for dinner. Instead of hesitating, instead of wandering how they managed to escape the battle that took place earlier, Seteth remained calm, as if he was expecting to find them.

For just a moment, he ignored the Professor's presence, and even that of his own daughter's, for the verdant-haired man was set on watching them, a small smile creeping upon his lips. He watched as the two laughed together— one of them possessed hair very similar to his own, and sounded an awful lot like him.

The other was the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen in his life.

The two must've been wedded, as he easily noticed what seemed to be a couple of rings glistening under the warm sunlight, the bright reflections surprisingly not bothering him in the eye.
He watched as the woman's keen eyes noticed a slight ripple in the clear waters, near her husband's fishing string, and she was quick to tap his shoulder, pointing downwards to show him what she began to talk about, his confused expression making her giggle.

"Look!" She gasped, giggling again when he only just noticed the strange movements in the water. Finally understanding her excitement, his eyes lit up immediately, grinning wider in hope to win this prize.
"Come on, my love! I know you can do it!"
He watched as the man gripped tighter on his rod, suddenly pulling it forcefully towards himself— when he drew his string out of the water, it seems he also drew out a big blue fish, just at the end of it. With a triumphant laugh, the man happily raised his rod, along with the prized fish just at the end of the string.
"*gasp* Dear... You did it! You caught a fish!"
She gasped and cheered, clasping her hands together in joy, only to add more delight to that grin of his, a sense of pride building up in his chest as he heard her praise him for his talents (almost as if he wasn't struggling with fishing earlier).

But his smirk vanished when her lips gently met his cheek, leaving a tender kiss before she pulled away, unaware of the scarlet flush now covering his cheeks. This was something Seteth couldn't help but chuckle softly to, for he knew how easily flustered the man became whenever his wife kissed him. Or hugged him, smiled at him, held his hand in her own... there were so many simple things she could do to her husband, and yet her actions never failed to raise a blush from him, for there was a certain warmth to the woman he loved most.

A certain warmth Seteth missed greatly.

Hundreds of other cherished thoughts and memories began to fill his already clouded mind, ones that he treasured greatly and clung onto, especially after her loss— it was cruel and undeserving, especially for someone so kind and loving such as her, and the day of her death was indeed a memory he'd never forget, despite how much he wanted to, and how it taunted him so. How the colour of her skin slowly drained away, how her tearful eyes gazed into his own, how cold and lifeless her motionless body felt against him, how her precious hand fell into his trembling own, and for once it was a touch that held little to no warmth, for it was slipping away and crumbling, despite how she loved him until the very end.

His smile dropped. Never did he think about her death in such a way before... it was something he always tried to bury away, but with little success. Perhaps it was to do with where he was right now— the area they used to live in, the golden beach and clear seas. How a landscape so calm could make him so unhappy, Seteth knew. On that day, he knew that the memories of her would soon twist into cruel curses, plaguing his mind with the thoughts of the woman who was once the love of his life. No matter how hard he tried to tame them, they always found a way to haunt him again— whether by simply seeing her favourite flower, suddenly recognising the scent of her favourite dish, or just by going to a beach.

Y/n...!

She was never going to leave him.

I... love you...

Even if her hand did loosen its grip on his own, she was still holding onto him tightly.

No... no! No... don't leave...!

Forever, like a curse.

"We cannot turn back the clock, Father. We must live our lives fully, in the present moment."

Seteth hummed in slight surprise and glanced away from the couple, his verdant gaze settling on his beloved daughter. He forced a smile, which seemed to convince Flayn that he was coping this moment.

"You're right. That is what she always said, isn't it? Dwell too much on the past, and you may be unable to move forward..."

She paused, easily hearing her voice saying those treasured words. Wisely, intellectually, as she placed a kiss upon her daughter's head that night.

"...Come, then. Let us return home."

Flayn nodded, along with the Professor.

"Good-bye, Mother. I love you. I shall bring flowers again for you next time."

But before they left, Seteth took one more look at the couple, noticing they were sharing a loving kiss. It was sweet, soft, warm... just how he remembered it that day. In fact, it was a special day for the two, and anyone from afar could tell it was indeed. The way she gently rubbed her stomach, which felt different to her, their eyes glistening with nothing but adoration and happiness, excited for what the future had in store for them.

One that did not go as planned.

One that could only be told as a memory.

One that could only be seen in his dreams.

・°.♦︎~★˚✧♪〜.♥︎.•♦︎•.♥︎.〜♪✧˚★~♦︎.°・

Sorry for the angst...? I actually love writing/reading angsty stuff, but sadly I don't get much time to write them :( I hope you enjoyed this though, and thank you for reading! xoxo