Roses For You (Requested) ~ Claude x Reader

・°.♦︎~★˚✧♪〜.♥︎.•♦︎•.♥︎.〜♪✧˚★~♦︎.°・

Roses For You (Requested)

Claude x Reader

Game: Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Notes- Requested by kainamii ! Sorry it took so long, but I hope you enjoy it!
I saw a fan art of Claude giving a bouquet of roses to F!Byleth, and it was so cute!! (Compliments to the artist! XD) So it pretty much gave me the idea to write this...
Set in the time-skip
Rushed ending ahead...

・°.♦︎~★˚✧♪〜.♥︎.•♦︎•.♥︎.〜♪✧˚★~♦︎.°・

It was a rather quiet day at the monastery. Normally, this would be something good and relaxing, but instead the feeling was... odd. Perhaps because of the war going on, a nice silence felt strange to the others. Though there's no reason to ignore this day— in fact, your allies and former students were eager to make use of this peaceful time.

To spend your break, you decided to sit under a tree and simply read a book. Not a tome, just a story. This story was about a young Noble and villager falling in love, but sadly the lady was wrapped up in an arranged marriage to some man of higher standard. When you read further, you begin to see the consequences that arise from their situation, but there are still some rather sweet parts between the characters too— like this bit you were on.

"Oh my!" She exclaimed, clasping her hands together in excitement.
"These flowers? For me?"
"Of course," He answered, smiling from her enthusiasm. Bringing the bouquet of lilies closer to her, she kindly took then in her hands, a smile forming upon her plump lips.
"Thank you, my love..." She whispered, her bright eyes twinkling under the sunlight.
He leaned forward, placing a tender kiss on her cheek.
"I'm glad you like them, darling,"

You couldn't help but smile whilst reading the paragraph, just about to turn to the next page until you heard a quiet rustling sound and saw a shadow form in front of you. Curious, you quickly titled your head up, finding the love of your life standing before you. His hand was holding the thick branch above him, the other behind his back. His emerald eyes settled upon you, and he thought it was rather cute to see you immersed in the small book on your lap.
"Claude?" You mumbled, not expecting to see him so soon.
"Hello, dear!" He greeted, chuckling lightly.
You placed your velvet bookmark in the book and closed it before standing up, wiping off any grass or dirt from your clothing with your hand.
"Hello! Uh, sorry! I wasn't expecting to see you here..." You admit, laughing softly.
"Really? Well, I'll have you know I've been looking for you everywhere!" He stated in a lighthearted way, yet you still frowned.
"Really? I'm sorry!"
"Haha, no worries! Besides, I found you now..."

Smiling back at him, you suddenly noticed the hand behind his back. Not in a casual manner, but as if he was trying to hide something from you...
Your distracted gaze wasn't unseen by Claude, who smirked at you.
"What are you looking at?" He asked, half-joking half-serious.
You blink, immediately looking back at him and unsure about how to start your question
"Ah, well... okay, Claude, are you hiding something from me?" You nodded, signalling to his concealed hand.
"Hey!" He laughed in amusement, playfully glaring at you.
"Don't ruin my surprise!"
You giggled at him— how silly he could be sometimes...

"...But if you really want to know..."
He paused for a moment and not for long, but your eyes were already widened with wonder. And then you saw him move his hand. A hand holding a fresh bouquet of beautiful scarlet roses in front of you. You gasped louder than you intended to, the corners of your lips tugging upwards into a smile. Your eyes examined the pretty flowers for less than a second before you started sputtering out multiple words.
"Claude— wha— I— roses— for me?!"
His smirk formed into a soft smile, once seeing your reaction to the flowers he picked for you.
"Of course they're for you!" He took a step closer to you, emerald eyes not leaving yours.
"Do you like them?"

"Yes! How could I not?" Nodding almost immediately, you tucked your book inbetween your arm and your side before kindly taking the beautiful flowers with your hands, your cheeks turning red— just like the colour of the roses. Taking in their floral scent, you close your eyes and sigh happily.
"Oh, they're lovely Claude..." You whispered, opening your eyes again to look at him.
"Where did you get such nice flowers?" You asked.
"I had to go and get some things in town, then I came across these roses and, well... I thought of you when I saw them, Y/n," It was almost as if he was embarrassed to explain, but that was covered up by the casual tone in his voice. Yet you easily saw past his act— only lovers could know each other so well.
"Aw! That's so sweet of you Claude!" You gush, looking down at your flowers again— a gift from your fiancé.
"Thank you so much! Is there anything I can do in return?" You ask, eyes beaming with wonder.

Claude thought about your offer, averting his gaze for a moment... and then he got an idea. Looking back at you, you noticed a glint of mischief lighting up his emerald eyes.
"Perhaps..." He raised his hand, pointing to his cheek. He made a single kiss noise with his lips before dropping his hand to his hip, waiting for you to get the idea.
You giggled, jokingly rolling your eyes before you stood upon your tip-toes, leaning forward to place a loving kiss on his cheek. For fun, you squeaked a 'mwah!' sound when you pulled away, standing in your previous position and looking up at Claude once again. You noticed that he remained still for a second, his cheeks going a bit red— yet he brushed off the feeling by laughing softly.

"Will that suffice?" You asked in a teasing manner.
"Yes yes, I suppose that'll do," He teased back. You giggled, looking at your roses again...
"Hmm... I think I'll have to put the roses in a vase... I'll see you soon, my love!" You bid him farewell, heading back to the old monastery.
Claude watched as you walked off, you still admiring the roses. He brought his hand to his cheek— the one you kissed— and cupped it gently, as if your invisible mark was a precious token. He sighed, forest eyes lingering on your form.

"I'm glad you like them, darling."

・°.♦︎~★˚✧♪〜.♥︎.•♦︎•.♥︎.〜♪✧˚★~♦︎.°・

Hope you enjoyed it! Sorry for being inactive lately, I'll try to get back on track! xx