Off-Guard (Requsted) ~ Ranulf x Cat!Laguz!Reader

・°.♦︎~★˚✧♪〜.♥︎.•♦︎•.♥︎.〜♪✧˚★~♦︎.°・

Off-Guard (Requested)

Ranulf x Cat!Laguz!Reader

Game: Fire Emblem Heroes

Notes- Requested by Ice_Shynchron0115 . Hope you enjoy it!
The Reader has a bit of a temper in this one-shot. I hope you don't mind!
Also, this one is a bit rushed (near the end). Sorry xx

・°.♦︎~★˚✧♪〜.♥︎.•♦︎•.♥︎.〜♪✧˚★~♦︎.°・

In your transformed form, you were running through the tall grass with much speed, the wind ruffling up your fur.
It was perfect day for something like this— running. Windy, but nothing dangerous. Sunny, though not too hot. You decided to use this day as an opportunity to transform into your cat form. You do this all the time on the battlefield, but it's been a while since you could wonder around like this...

As you were running, you noticed something rather strange ahead of you, like a mixture of colours. Widening your eyes, you instantly stopped running, digging your claws into the dirt. You almost ran right into whatever was in front of you...
"...Huh,"
Now taking a look, it wasn't something so unusual after all. You found a bed of blossoming flowers in the green grass. Roses, violets, daisies... there were so many! You were definitely certain that you'd never seen all these flowers together. You've seen them before, of course, just not together like they were now.
You scratched your f/c ear with your paw whilst admiring all these beautiful flowers together. They were... something. Something that you've never really seen before in your homeland, but the sight was nice for sure!
"Askr sure is a funny place..." You mumbled, not realising that a smile found its way to your mouth, showing off your sharp teeth a bit. You could sense the
smell of the flowers easily, their lovely scent holding you captive as you stood there for a while.
Your eyelids suddenly started to feel heavy. Oh dear, were you feeling tired? Now that was something very, very strange... as a Laguz, you were always energetic and alert— 'tired' was something you didn't recall feeling in ages...

*rustle*

You widened your eyes, immediately changing into a defensive stance within seconds, your bright e/c eyes looking in the direction of the unexpected sound. Now you weren't feeling so tired anymore.
You remained silent, looking around to find any sign of an enemy lurking... but there was nothing you could spot. Despite this, you still would not allow your guard to go down so quickly.
"Who's there?!" You shouted threateningly, demanding an answer.
...Still nothing to be found. You still waited, claws out ready to attack and starting to growl with impatience.
...Was the sound really just your imagination? You softened just the slightest, but not ready to give in to whatever trap the mysterious enemy had planned.
Or maybe there really was nothing out there. Sighing, your decided to ignore the non-existent foe and draw your attention to the flowers again.

*rustle* *rustle*

The sound grew louder. You turned around, not expecting to see what was in front of you...
A laguz with blue fur, similar to your own, began to charge straight towards you! You gasped in disbelief before growling, quickly dodging out of the way of their attack. The laguz was close to falling onto the poor flowers, but thankfully that was not the case. You were just about to fight back until noticing two things— first, their claws weren't out, and two... it wasn't just any cat laguz
It was Ranulf! Wait— it was Ranulf?!
A chuckle, turning to laughter, from him shattered the silence between you both, causing you to fall into more confusion.
"Wha— hey! Ranulf! What's this about?" You complained, moving towards him slowly.
The other laguz stood up on all fours, looking directly at you. His whiskers were a bit crooked from his fall into the grass, and there was a bit of mud in his fur.
"Not so bad, Y/n!"

You blinked in disbelief, not understanding anything that was happening right now.
"Wh... What?!"
Ranulf licked his paw and wiped off the mud from his blue fur before speaking to you again.
"Oh, I thought it would be funny to hide in that bush over there!" After cleaning the dirt, he pointed at the large bush in the garden, the one you were looking at not long ago.
"Your awareness is quite impressive, must I say!"

You narrowed your eyes at him, feeling irritated from his intentions.
"So... let me get this straight. You hid in that bush, pretending to be an enemy, and pounce at me?!" You explained, gritting your teeth after speaking.
Ranulf's grin faltered a bit, his ears going a bit droopy as he took a couple steps towards you.
"Oh, sorry... I didn't mean to make you angry,"
Realising that you probably did snap a bit, you sighed, features softening. You looked at Ranulf, e/c eyes filled with guilt.
"No, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound so... harsh," You offered him a small smile, even whilst still in your cat form.
Ranulf's eyes lit up and he chuckled softly, looking happier than before.
"Haha, it's okay Y/n!"

He lowered down suddenly, smirking up at you.
"Huh?"
Without warning, Ranulf pounced at you, playfully tackling you to the ground. Yelling in surprise, you glared at him, eyes demanding for an explanation.
"Heh, not so aware now!" He commented jokingly.
You smirked back at him, pushing your paws against his stomach and pushing him off of you, laughing in victory.
"We'll see about that!" You exclaimed.
Ranulf, who was lying on the ground again, laughed back before standing back up in a stance that could only mean trouble.
"Oh? Playing that way, huh?"

He charged towards you fast, but you managed to jump out of the way of his trap.
"Ha! You need to be much faster to catch me!"
The two of you continued to play this silly game, with Ranulf chasing you around Askr's garden. The scene was almost like two lively kittens play-fighting outside, with no one to stop their fun.
You continued to avoid him, successfully dodging any 'attacks' he performed. But after a while, you seemed to get a little cocky, putting less effort into your movements. Every step you took became less swift, and instead more thoughtless, as if you were taunting your love.

Ranulf could sense the lack of skill in your actions, and he decided to use this to his advantage. Once you took another slow, graceful step, he wasted no time to jump right at you, this time his attempt to catch you being successful.
"Wha— kyaa!!" You yelped, pinned to the ground by his paws.
The cat laguz smiled triumphantly, watching you trying to escape his grip.
"Gotcha!" He exclaimed with a chuckle.
Finding out that there was no way of getting away, you sighed in defeat, leaving you no choice but to stay on the ground, pinned to the grass underneath you. You closed your eyes, transforming back into your human form— that also didn't help...
Ranulf did the same, and once you opened your eyes, you saw not a blue cat, but a human... with blue ears. Oh, and a tail, of course.
"*sigh* Yes, you caught me," You admitted, your f/c ears going a bit droopy.
"Why did you do this? Just so you can test my awareness?"

Ranulf shook his head, still looking down a you.
"No... well, sort of. Just for fun!" He explained.
A small smile found its way to your lips, and you couldn't even stifle a laugh. After giggling, you composed yourself and began speaking again.
"So... is there another reason why you snuck up on me?"
He paused, as if wondering how to put his intentions into words.
"...Yeah, there is something else,"
You raised a brow, getting a little confused.
"There... there is? Well, what is—"

Without warning, Ranulf leaned forward, capturing your lips in an unexpected kiss. Your eyes widened in surprise and you made a startled sound against his lips, making him smile in the kiss. Still pinned to the ground, you were left with no choice but to close your eyes and remain in the position you were in, kissing your love back.
When he parted, he opened his eyes. You did the same, and Ranulf could see that your e/c eyes were filled with a mixture of shock and awe.

"...Um..." You couldn't find the right words to say after that kiss...
Ranulf's grip on your wrists loosened, until he let go of you completely and stood up, offering you his hand. You sat up, taking his hand in your own and standing up, with him lifting you at the same time.

There was a moment of silence between the two of you, until Ranulf spoke again...

"...So, should we get back to the castle?"

・°.♦︎~★˚✧♪〜.♥︎.•♦︎•.♥︎.〜♪✧˚★~♦︎.°・

Hopefully this wasn't too bad! Once again, thanks for reading! xx