chapter 12

Aslam o alaikum guys

Hania's pov:

Tapping my foot on the floor while checking the mobile for missed call from Faraz I was waiting for him.

Today Faraz was taking me out for shopping for engagement and then lunch. Yesterday he called me saying that it was Uncle Ismail's order for us.

When he called me, there was a awkward silence on the other side but then he finally decided to talk which saddened me but I was happy that he was taking steps in our relationship.

I was so much nervous as what to wear because he informed that his best friend along with his wife are also coming so I was pretty much nervous.

Maybe they'll ask nasty questions from me? Maybe they'll dislike me?

Oh my God I was going insane due to continuous war in my mind.

I was so confused as what to wear, my Khala suggested me to something decent so I wore baby pink silk top with white long skirt along with white hijab and white sandals.

I had no obsession with makeup, so I just wore sunscreen and a baby pink lipstick.

"Relax Hania" Khala Aasia patted on my shoulder. With nervous smile I nodded.

She went into the kitchen when maid came in the living area.

"Ma'am there is a man outside claiming to be your Fiancee" she informed me, I abruptly stood up.

"Tell him to come in" Khala's excited voice boomed in the silent living area. I pleaded Khala to not be that much excited but she ignored me and went to pull him in the house.

After few seconds Faraz entered, grinning and talking to Khala. As usual he was looking handsome but his smile was another thing at which my heart skipped a beat.

As soon as his eyes landed on me, I gave him blank stare.

"I think you both should go now other wise I would not stop talking" Khala laughed.

"No Aunty it's my pleasure to meet you. In Shaa Allah I'll come again" He politely smiled at her. Again he looked at me and cleared his throat.

"Shall we go?" he directed his question towards me and I nodded.

We walked towards his car and before sitting in the car I waved at my Khala who was glowing with happiness. I inwardly giggled at her but outwardly showed no expression.

10 mins of our journey went in pure awkward silence but then I decided to break the ice.

"Car is nice" I complimented, it was admirable because of course it was expensive.

Alhamdulillah I was not poor to not afford this kind of life style. My Khala was a lecturer in one of the top universities of Karachi and the property which my dad owned was now mine so I was living a luxurious life. But still I was looking at Faraz's car like I don't have one.

"Thank you" he just uttered a word. I gulped but still continued to talk. He must be nervous like me.

"Where are we going? "

"Okra" I nodded in appriciation.

"It's a nice restuarant, your choice is good" I smiled at him but he kept his face blank.

See! I knew it he won't let his ego die. He's not interested in you Hania then why are you forcefully talking to him.

I was the lively girl in love with this grumpy idiot, I wanted to enjoy this journey, play the music and sing with him but looking at his mood and ego I listened to my mind and kept my mouth shut during other half journey.