Ch.9

Remember: In this chapter, everything means something.
[No POV]
"Bakugou Katsuki?" The doctor asked, reading off a clip board. Bakugou's head shot up as he heard his name. He was sitting on a hospital bench, still waiting to hear the news about Midoriya. "Yeah, that's me." Bakugou said, trying to keep a calm persona to hide his pain.

"Great. Follow me." The doctor said, leading Bakugou down a hallway and into room 715. Katsuki winced at the numbers and got a feeling of nostalgia wash over him. He walked into the room, and he saw his childhood friend on a hospital bed with IV's and tuned in his arms, legs, and a cast on his right leg.

"There's a chance he'll never walk again if he wakes up-.." The doctor was interrupted.

"When he wakes up." Bakugou said sternly. The doctor nodded and walked out of the room.

[Bakugou's POV]
I can't believe it. The doctor was right, he might not make it.

Izuku was my best friend. If he died, I knew it would be all my fault. And just for me to think that I was the only one who decided to visit him made my heart break on the inside. His own friends decided to prioritize school over seeing their friend who had the chance to die.

But I started to realize. Izuku was smiling. In his sleep he was smiling like he was in his own world, and he was actually happy. I wanted him to be alive to badly. But if he died, wouldn't he be happy? He wouldn't be happy if he was on earth, and I know that. Maybe he wanted to die the whole time. I knew that was the point, he tried to jump off the school god dammit. But if he woke up, he would be terrified. He would hate that he was alive.

He would hate me.

I don't want him to die, but I want him to be happy. The way he's smiling right now makes me know he'll be happier if he was dead and not alive.
So I stood up.

And made my over to his life support plug.
[365 words]