Ch. 16

Bakugou quickly pushed Kirishima off of him and onto the floor, desperately wiping his mouth with his sleeve. Kirishima looked back up at him.

"Why so sour?" Kirishima asked, standing up and brushing himself off. Bakugou felt anger rise up inside of him; the anger slowly boiling into hatred.

"What is wrong with you?! You just kiss me out of nowhere while I'm trying to talk to you?!" He furiously yelled, the sweat dripping down onto his palms causing mini sparks to light up and turn to smoke.

"I'm just trying to help, okay? You looked like you needed someone to cheer you up." Kirishima simply stated, shrugging his shoulder slime he did nothing wrong.

"Trying to help? Trying to help?! You fucking kissed me while I'm trying not to cry and you think that's trying to help me?!" His yell was loud enough to be heard through the dorm walls.

"Stop screaming so loud, others will hear." Kirishima said calmly, as the blonde was no where near calming down.

"Okay look bro. I'm sorry. I just wanted you to feel better, okay?" Kirishima sighed.

Bakugou looked at the floor and sat on his bed. His head wouldn't stop hurting. It was everything that was going on played on a cassette tape inside of his head, and he had to rewatch it to understand what had just happened. There were too many things for him to comprehend everything all at once. He just wanted Midoriya to get out of the hospital and be happy again.

The feeling of wanting to cry started playing back into his head. His face felt hot and the urge to burst into tears started to get heavier. He just wanted to lie down and bury his head into a pillow to just cry every one of his painful memories out of his head. It had been a whole month from the last time he felt true happiness.

And that wasn't even happiness. He just felt normal.

He just wanted to cry at that exact moment.

But he didn't want to feel weak.

He didn't want to feel the pain all over again from guilt and sorrow. Crying wouldn't help.

He just needed something to distract his brain from feeling pain all over again.

Then he had a moment of realization.

Maybe if he got together with Kirishima, his mind would stop thinking about Midoriya for a bit and he would be able to be happy again.

He desperately wanted his brain to stop flooding him with grief and sorrow 24/7. He felt like he needed some way to release all the stress he had.

Kirishima walked over to the door and put his hand onto the door handle, about to leave the room. Bakugou quickly got up and tripped onto the floor, his face turning bright red from the embarrassing action. Kirishima turned around and stopped while Bakugou got off the floor.

"K-Kirishima..." Bakugou stuttered, mentally cursing himself for sounding so helpless. Kirishima looked at him and waited for Bakugou to finish his sentence. Bakugou looked at the floor and wrapped his right hand around his left wrist, biting his lip like he was trying to think of what to say.

"Can you be my boyfriend...." Bakugou quickly said, trying to make the embarrassment last for the shortest amount of time as possible. He bit on his lip harder and looked up at Kirishima's face. Kirishima looked surprised but extremely happy at the same time. A smile spread across Kirishima's face.

"Of course. If that's what you wanted to say this entire time, you should have said it at the beginning!" Kirishima quickly hugged his 'friend' and Bakugou hugged him back.

It was done.

There was no going back now.