Ch. 19

While walking into the building, Bakugou noticed that there was an entirely different atmosphere around the school. People seemed to be more cheerful and happy for the day to start, and the people who usually slacked off and didn't care seemed happy as well.

As he approached the classroom door and opened it, people were already talking.

The class was how they were usually. Rowdy, loud, and talking in groups while laughing at each others jokes and puns. A desk remained empty in the middle of the room, almost like a void that remained dead. People continued to ignore the empty desk though, pretending that it was not apart of their every day lives. One by one people would pass it, slowly starting to act like the desk and chair were both invisible to the human eye. It just remained there; empty and soulless for weeks.

A couple of the other students started to arrive, walking in and instantly making chatter with their friends, probably talking about some gossip that had been floating around the school. People were whispering with their hands cupped over their mouths, talking so quietly that almost nobody could hear them.

For some reason, the class slowly and slowly got quieter. The noise all of a sudden stopped at once while everyone turned their heads toward the entrance door. They looked and stared at it like they were expecting someone to magically appear on the other side and walk in.

The doorknob turned.

The door slowly opened, the suspense setting in the room.

A familiar face appeared on the other side of the door. His freckles and green hair were instantly recognizable, but he had gotten skinnier and frail, his eyes looking more empty then they usually were. His smile still remained the same though, still full of life and still able to make anyone who looked at it feel happy.

People started crowding around him and hugging him, happy and asking questions. Nobody brought up the topic about why. They were all just happy that he was there and alive, not six feet underground.

"STOP!" Someone yelled from the back of the classroom. Everyone directed their attention to the boy at the back of the classroom. The boy was sitting at a desk, his legs crossed and his posture still looking nervous and unsure. He slowly got up and walked to the front of the classroom where everyone was crowding. A couple of people moved out of the way to let him pass, but he had to shove others forcefully off so that he could make his way through the people. The freckled boy smiled and gave the other a hug, before the other let him go and cleared his throat before speaking.

"I don't understand why you are all crowding him with questions like this. He might be uncomfortable with being crowded like that. Let him sit down first." The other spoke, as the class walked back to their seats and apologized when they passed. The teacher walked in a few moments later and was glad to have Midoriya back. He continued to take attendance, and when he was finished, a couple of people started going up to Midoriya's seat to ask him questions again. This time, the questions were vaguer. They didn't point to any intrusive thoughts like they did before.

The other boy continued to sit in the back, staring at Midoriya and clicking a pen. He felt nervous and anxious at the same time. The feeling to do what he wanted to do so badly flooded through him like a tsunami. The thoughts spiraling through his head made him feel empty. If he couldn't confess, he felt like every chance he had was gone.

His feet slowly pushed him up and off his desk, walking over to Midoriya's. He gathered up enough courage to finally say everything he's been wanting to for months.

When he was next to Midoriya's desk, he gave a small, awkward smile, before scratching the back of his head out of nervous thoughts coursing through his head.

"Uhh... I've been wanting to ask you this for a very long time... and well..." He started muttering a couple of things to himself before looking at the freckled boy directly in the eyes again.

"Well... what I've wanted to ask you... was..." He stuttered on a line for a couple of seconds, before taking a deep breath, and taking a knee like how you would when you proposed to someone.

"Midoriya.... Will you-" He was suddenly interrupted when someone at the back of the class abruptly stood up and walked over. Their ruby eyes were fuming with anger while they walked over and stared at the other in fury.

"Deku is mine!" He screamed angrily, both of his palms bursting with small sparks from all of his anger he had been trying to contain to himself. After seeing what was about to happen, he couldn't just let someone take his soulmate away. If he didn't do anything about it, he would never have a chance like this again.

Todoroki stared at Bakugou in the face before standing up. "Midoriya isn't an object. You didn't even ask." He angrily spat, his heterochromatic eyes giving off an angry aura toward the ruby eyes male. Midoriya watched in complete shock as both boys slowly became more furious.

"You wouldn't even be right for him. All you've done is bully him until he literally snapped. Do you not understand how Midoriya could have died? If he did, it would have been all your fault!" Todoroki angrily yelled, gritting his teeth and taking a step closer towards the fuming blonde haired male. Bakugou didn't back down. He stayed where he was standing and didn't move back. Many others in the class were watching with pure awe as Ashido started panicking and talking about all of her ships. Mr. Aizawa just watched the drama. He didn't care because as long as they didn't murder each other, everything would be fine.

"He didn't die and that is what matters! I know I fucked up, but I know how to make it right! You probably would be worse than me! All you do it sit around and act like you're fucking emotionless!" The blonde blurted, more sparks exploding out of his palms. Todoroki just watched in amusement and chuckled while a grin spread across his face.

"Huh, that's all you say? I might act stoic but all you do is act like a god damn tsundere. All you can do 24/7 is show anger. Even the smallest thing can make you want to kill someone." Todoroki spoke as Bakugou started to mutter curse words under his breath in rage.

"Really icy-hot?! You're just a pathetic piece of shit! No wonder your mother threw that stupid fucking kettle at your fa-!" Midoriya got up out of his seat and came between them, standing in the middle of them and looking a bit upset.

"You know what? I think we should let Midoriya decide. Who do you think would make a better boyfriend for you?" Todoroki smirked, the already raged blonde gritting his teeth even harder out of anger. Everyone looked at Midoriya, waiting for an answer about the question everyone was dying to know. Ashido stared the most, making Midoriya feel a bit uneasy and.... uncomfortable.

"A-Alright... if I have to choose now..." Midoriya stuttered on his words a bit, looking between both of them. Both boys were 100% positive that they were going to win, staring at each other both with a shit-eating grin plastered onto both of their faces.

"I choose...."