Prolog

Ophelia always seemed to pop up when she was wanted. It was an extraordinary talent of hers. She always appeared when one of the umbrella academy children was hurt, injured or just needed some body.

Which was often.

To Diego, she was a speech therapist. She helped him with his stutter.

The rain was thrashing agianst the windows, lightning lighting up the room in harsh white light. Two teenagers sat on the bed. The boy, no older than 14 was running his hands through his dark hair, sitting cross legged on the top of the bed.

"leave us a-a-a-alone"

The girl, around the same age, put her hand on his shoulder, and gave him a soft smile.

"see? You've almost got it!"

To vanya she was a friend.

"come one vanya! We're going outside!" 

Ophelia was banging on vanya's door, her shoes already on and tied, her pale pink coat already on and done up.

The others were already outside but Ophelia  had wanted to get vanya.

The violinist smiled before grabbing her coat and shoes and following the sweet girl outside.

To Allison she was an audience.

Allison was trying on new clothes, the feather boa wrapped around her neck for affect. She strutted up and down the living room a smile plastered on her face.

The smaller girl, with curly brown hair and paint on her face sat on the velvet sofa, clapping her hands in excitement, a proud smile on her face.

To Ben she was an older sister.

"Leave him alone!" Ophelia shouted at her father.

Reginald was forcing Ben to use his power - his gift - in order to make him used to the excruciating pain that came with it.

The boy himself was crying continuously, holding his stomach. The rest of the hargreeve siblings stood in horror, with klaus whimpering whilst clutching his red cheek in pain. He had been slapped for trying to help Ben, and the rest of the siblings took that as there hint to not interfere.

Ophelia didn't like it.

She stood, facing their father, her eyes  narrowed at her father. Her brown hair was tied up in a ponytail which flicked dangerous close to her Reginalds face when she turned to face Ben.

"It's OK. I've got you"

"Number Eight that is enough!"

However Ophelia didn't listen and grabbed Ben's hand before running out of the room.

To Luther she was the calmer.

"you need to calm Luther. Anger doesn't get to you if you don't let it."

She tiny girl had not grown in years and now held onto Luther arm as he glared at their enemy's who had just injured Allison.

"Anger is only your Alley if you control it"

To klaus she was the protecter.

Nightmares often plagued Klaus' sleep. Dreams of the dead haunted him, leaving him screaming in the night.

Ophelia would often come into his room at night. Usually wearing one of Five's shirts and white shorts. She'd sit by his bed and place her hand on his head, and watch him relax.

Drifting off into a dreamless sleep.

To Five she was a mystery.

" What's your gift then?" Five asked.

The two were sat on the sofa, with Ophelia  curled up next to Five, with her head on his shoulder and her knees drawn up and resting on his lap.

She was the only one he would let close to him. Although Ben and klaus sometimes got away with it.

" Being in the right place at the right time" she replied, her eyes closed.

"thats not it. That's not what is written in dad's book anyway." Five said, stroking her hair.

Ophelia sat up, facing him.

" so do you know what my talent is?" she said, cocking her head slightly.

Five rolled his eyes. There was a slight  pause. " I know you're powerful. That's all that I saw before dad came in "

Ophelia  nodded, settling back down on his shoulder and shutting her eyes.

" And that is how it shall remain."

************************************************************************

Play list

Speechless - naomi Scott

Make you feel my love - Adele

Ocean eyes - Billie Eilish

Act my age - Hoodie Allen

Hold me while you wait - Lewis capaldi

Be alright - Dean Lewis

Bad guy - billie Eilish

River - bishop Riggs

Yesterday - the beatles

Hey jude - the beatles

Perfect - Ed sheeran

I lived - one Republic

At least we have eachother - Alec Benjamin