Chapter Six

Lia had made her way to the kitchen where Five was walking around the room, dissapointment lacing his features.

When he saw her, his eyes softened slightly, which went unnoticed by the petite brunette as she sat down next to Klaus, who ruffled her hair.

"Where's Vanya?" she asked softly, looking around for her elder sister.

"Oh, she's gone." replied Allison.

Lia nodded, her gaze lingering on Five.

"That's unfortunate." he said.

Lia say up straiter - was something going on between him and vanya?

" An entire square block. Forty-two bedrooms, 19 bathrooms, but no, not a single drop of coffee."
He finished. Lia dropped her head back in her arms, covering the relief on her face.

"Dad hated caffeine." Allison said, a slightly confused look on her face at Five's response.

Klaus laughed. "Well, he hated children, too, and he had plenty of us."

Lia rolled her eyes. "He didn't hate us Klaus." she said softly. She stood up behind him running her hands through his hair. Klaus melted into her, closing his eyes whilst she played with his hair.

Five glared at the two. "I'm taking the car."  he said, walking out the room.

Lia perked up. "Where are you going?" she's asked, already grabbing her coat and running after him

Klaus huffed at the lack of contact. He enjoyed it when she played with his hair. It was the only time he could close his eyes and not see the dead.

"To get a decent cup of coffee." he stated not even looking at her.
"Do you even know how to drive?" Allison asked, bewildered.

Five rolled his eyes. "I know how to do everything." he spat before walking off in a huff.

"Fives wait!" Lia ran after him.

" I feel like we should try and stop him, but then again, I also just kinda want to see what happens." Klaus spoke to his sister, standing up and stretching.

Lia grabbed open the car door before Give could leave, and sat in the passengers seat, waiting for him to initiate the conversation like he always used too.

He didn't.

" What's with you Fives? " she eventually asked "It's been years. You've... Changed."

Five rolled his eyes. "I've been in the freaking apocalypse Lia. What more could you want?"

Lia gasped, staring at him as he drove
"The what? Fives what's going on?"

Five cursed under his breath. "I'll explain later. And stop calling me that"

Lia raised her eyebrows. "Alright but you better explain. And stop calling you what?"

"Fives" he said stiffly.

Lia froze. "I never called you Fives I -" she trailed off " drop me off here will you Five? I live just around the corner, pop in when you're ready to talk."

Five nodded stopped the car. With one last look at him Lia got out.

She didn't notice him watch her until she reached the door checking she got in safely.

Lia sighed as she walked  into her house. It was one of the three houses she had bought when she struck rich. Despite it being near her childhood home she has never been in it. It reminded her too much of Five.

As far as apartments go it was huge. The living room was where she sat down, deciding agianst going  to bed.

The walls were a crisp white all of them bare save one which had the large TV hung on it. The floors were a polished wooden with a  floor covered by a large red rug. Oppersit the TV was a fabric red sofa that matched the carpet with matching curtains draped over the large reflective windows. In the middle sat a clear coffee table adorned with notebooks that had been frantically scribbled on.

Lia Hargreeves owned the entire second floor of the penthouse, sharing only with two other actors and a model. Who were constantly away.

She slouched on the sofa before turning the light on.

Of course, just as she got comfortable, the phone rang. So Lia got up - groaning about timing as she did so - to pick it up.

"Hello?" she answered, tiredness seeping through her voice.

"Miss Hargreeves? I just got a notification that your penthouse is in use. Is everything OK?"

Lia sighed, smiling at her secutary's concern.

"Yes thankyou Shelly. Something came up, I should be home on a week. Is the Marco project done yet?"

"Yes miss. Ready and waiting to be shipped off," said Shelly.

Lia nodded, stupidly realising that Shelly couldn't see her. "Good Good. Thankyou Shelly. Goodnight,"

"Goodnight Miss," Shelly said before she hung up.

Lia sighed, putting her phone down back on the counter top.

Stumbling back. In the living room, she decided to turn on the main light, allowing her to see the full extent of the room.

And Five sitting on the sofa.

" You're plan to scare me is fruitless. I saw you coming," she pointed out bluntly.

"You should have locks on your windows." was all that Five said, though he was annoyed that he had failed at making his friend jump.

Lia scoffed. "I live on the second floor." she stated, folding her arms.

Five shrugged. "Rapists can climb."

Lia laughed. "Awww. Five are you concerned about my safety?" she laughed, joining him on the red sofa. He rolled his eyes.

"Contrary to what you may think I do care about you." he stated, no emotion in his voice.

Lia shook her head. "Then look at me," she whispered.

Five glanced at her. "Why?" not quite meeting her gaze.

"Because you haven't looked at me once? You barely speak to me! Five, we used to be closer than anything!"

Five sighed agian, refusing to meet her gaze "You don't know the half of it." he muttered.

"Five please! I missed you for seventeen years! And you come back like you've been gone for five minutes !" Lia fustratedly shouted.

"Lia it's complicated OK?" Five shouted, before finally looking at her.

From anybody else's point of view, Five was looking angry, unnecessarily confident and frustrated. However Lia knew Five better than he knew himself, so she saw past the false pretences.

She saw the pain.

Lia's face softened. She reached out, brushing Five's cheek with her hands, shuffling closer to him so that their knees touched.

"Fives... What happened? What happened to you?"

So Five told her everything.

The world ends in eight days, and he had no idea how to stop it.

A/N sorry it was so short I had my ncs graduation today so I didn't have much time