Chapter Five

The group were sat on the table, watching the lost boy make a sandwich.

They all looked confused, except for Lia, whose eyes were red. She was sat next to Klaus who had his arm around his best friend. She was shaking, her head pounding.

Five pretended not to notice her state  and decided to cut across his siblings silence.

"What's the date? The exact date." he asks.

Lia looked up, her vision uncertain.

Unfortunately Vanya was the first to react. "The 24th." she said.

"Of what?"

This time Lia spoke. "March." she croaked. At the sound of her voice all the adults looked up.

"Good" Five said, not even glancing at her.

Lia was always pale. I'm fact, Deigo used to make fun of her ghostly appearance. But now she was even paler, tinged with green. Her lips were white, and she clung to Klaus as she curled up visably shaking.

" Hey Is she OK?" Vanya asked Klaus.

Deigo shook his head. " I haven't seen her like this since Ben. Or when you left, Five,"

At this Five set the knife down. " What do you mean?"

Lia was now unconscious, breathing shakily whilst Klaus tried to shake her awake.

" Well you know her power right? Not the healing one... The other one. When you left she completely lost control."

Vanya nodded. "Yeah she wouldn't stop screaming. In the day she hold it in until she was -"

The siblings looked up in horror.

They all looked to Lia who was turning blue.

" she went blue" klaus finished.

Luther ran over to her an picked her up. "We need to get her to the room."

Five looked carefully blank. "We haven't got time for this" he muttered. "what's wrong with her?" he asked following the gang to a room.

The room itself was pretty. Filled with pale colours. In the middle of the almost empty room was a clean white bed. There was nothing else in the bedroom apart from the bed itself.

The rest of the room was padded. In pale blue padding covering every Inch of the walls, the floors and the ceiling.

Luther lay the unconscious girl on the bed.

They all walked out and locked the for behind them.

"Bullet proof glass?" Five asked, touching the window of the room.

"more like scream proof" giggled Klaus. Deigo rolled his eyes.

"So, are we gonna talk about what just happened?" said Allison.

"You really want to talk about me when Lia is looking like THAT?" Five hissed pointing at the sick girl in the white bed.

"This is normal. Especially after you left Five. In fact for three  years this was a daily given. It took three years to get her to stop screaming. Four to get her to stop screaming in her sleep. We think. She left."

Five nodded. " Whatever. How long is she gonna be like this? " Five had decided he wanted to keep his uncaring persona, though it was not fooling anybody.

Allison was the first to answer." Until she screams. She's holding back but she can't for long. It's been 17 years Five, answer the question. "

Five scoffed." It's been a lot longer than that."