Chapter Twelve

The Hargreeve siblings were getting ready for their mission, but all was not going as planned.

"Mum, I can't find my mask!" Little Allison complained  throwing stuff out of her draws in a desperate attempt to find it. Grace smiled handing her daughter  the freshly washed mask.

"It needed a little TLC after the last mission," Grace said calmly.

"You mean after the troublesome trio got to it." Allison laughed before racing away "Thanks Mum!" she called back. 

Next was Diego who was stood in front of the mirror practising to speak. Like always his stutter was getting the better of him.

"Don't m-m-m-m-ove," he said.

Grace was next to him, a gentle hand on his shoulder. "Remember what we talked about, picture the word in your mind." 

"Yeah Diego you got it!" Little Diego turned to see little Lia leaning on the door-frame, Her brown curls were neatly done in french plaits, her uniform what their father would call scandalous with a loose fitting tie and her blazer sleeves rolled up revealing her umbrella tattoo. 

Diego smiled "D-Don't M-move" he said 

"Told ya you got it," Lia winked. Diego let out a genuine smile.

"Thanks t-trouble number one," 

With a small wave and a giggle Lia skipped off in search of her other companions. She found Klaus first bouncing on his bed with something in his draw set on fire.

"Damn Klausy you're gonna take my spot of top troublemaker someday!" Lia giggled  as she joined her brother jumping on the bed. Grace soon walked in the smile never leaving her face  as she put out the fire in the draw.

"Thanks Mum!" the two chorused before Lia jumped down following her mother out the room. Grace turned to her "Go find Five dear, I doubt he even noticed  your father calling for the mission,"

"Yes Mum!" she called  as she raced to Five's bedroom where he usually cooped himself up with all his funny equations.

"Nice music Vanya," she smiled as she passed the girls room. Vanya smiled at her before watching Lia as she ran in search of the teleporter.

She eventually found him exactly  where she thought he would be. He was already ready, domino mask in front of him as he sat on his bed  reading  one of his fancy science books that Lia always deemed boring unless he was reading them too her.

"Fiveeeee," she drawled, skipping into the room and jumping onto his bed. He rolled his eyes at her.

"I am not being part of your troublesome three group - or is it four now you have convinced Ben to join?" he said putting his book down allowing Lia to lay down beside him.

"No silly, you are far too serious to join our crew, you're only safe from most pranks because I Love you thaaat much," she giggled as she turned around to face him "But in all seriousness it is time to go on a mission."

"Oh joy," said Five sarcastically "Just what I need,"

Lia snorted at all the comments she could make about what exactly he needed but decided she didn't have time to explain her jokes - especially since she was pretty sure that Klaus only taught his 'wisdom' to herself and Ben. Instead she pulled him along to where Grace was waiting.

"Found him Mum,"

"You are still in here???"