Chapter thirteen

Five woke to the light streaming in through the thin curtains. He looked beside him to see Lia fast asleep, curled up next to him. The light from the window highlighted her face making her youthful features more prominent. 

She was beautiful.

As if on cue, Lia opened her eyes looking up at the boy beside her.

"Morning Five," she yawned slowly sitting up. She gave up, slumping next to him with her head resting on his lap.

"Five more minuets?" he guessed looking bemusedly at the sleepy girl.

Lia nodded throwing an arm over her face.

"Five more HOURS." she whined. Five shook his head at her.

"Apocalypse?" he reminded softy.

Lia groaned even louder.

Five gently removed the tiny girl from his person "I'm going for a shower  whilst you sleep some more." he said pushing himself up.

Lia nodded "I'd join you, but sleep is nice," she mumbled snuggling where Five was once sat. "And It's too cold to strip."

Five smirked, seizing his chance. He leaned in close, brushing her hair away from her ear.

"Nothing I haven't seen before," he whispered

He left the room, fully satisfied with the surprised squeak that emitted from the girl.

Lia stared at the empty space where Five was stood in shock.

"When did he get so flirty?" she asked herself as she changed into something other than her light pyjamas. Deciding that it was more than likely that somebody was going to try and kill her at some point her cute dresses were out of the question.

After deciding on a fairly decent outfit she went about making breakfast.

Lia was never one for breakfast, but with Five back she knew she needed to make sure he was eating as well as he was often too sidetracked to even think to take care of himself.

Five walked in, only half dressed in his uniform with his black shorts and white shirt slightly unbuttoned, a towel in his hand attempting to dry his wet hair.

Lia handed him a plate of pancakes.

"Sit. Eat." she commanded. Five took his plate with a small smile.

"Thank you." he said sitting down. Lia walked behind him wrapping her arms around his shoulders kissing his cheek.

"Lance is leaving in fifteen minuets, eat up." she said walking away. Five turned to face her.

"How did you know that?"

Lia just winked.

"Mr Grumpy!" she sang as she danced around the kitchen"Foodie time!"

Five watched as a rather grumpy, squashed faced cat trotted to Lia, grey tail held high. He seemed to almost glare at Five with it's strange amber eyes.

"Mr Grumpy? " he questioned under his breath.

                                                                                      ***

"You are the most dramatic person I have ever met." Lia huffed from the backseat of Lance's car. She was slightly salty that she has been banished to the back seat as apparently she was making him seem less threatening if she sat on his knee.