Chapter Three

" Guess we should get this started.
So, I figured we could have a sort of memorial service in the courtyard at sundown. Say a few words, just at Dad's favourite spot." Luther said, mostly looking at Allison, as if seeking her approval.

Lia looked up at her big brother, hoping that he would change the topic rapidly. Her father was a touchy subject for her, as it was for many of the Hargreeves children.

"Dad had a favourite spot?" Diego asked, an eyebrow raised.

Lia scoffed. She was currently sat next to Klaus with her head in his shoulder. He patted her head like a dog occasionally, but Lia didn't mind. The gesture was affectionate, which Lia regretfully still craved even after Five's disappearance.

"You forget Mister. Luther here was dad's number one" she responded, glancing at Diego.

Luther ignored her comment and continued with his little speech. He turned his back to Lia as if trying to drown out the fact that she was no longer the supportive younger sister she used to be.

Well she still was, when needed. Lia just needed more time alone then she used to.

"You know, under the oak tree.
We used to sit out there all the time.
None of you ever did that?"

Lia got up and patted Luther's shoulder. " I used to sit in his office with him as he lectured me about leaving you all alone to help yourself. So no. We didn't. " she lied.

Truth be told Lia was close with her father, not that she would admit it.

Klaus was the one who cleared the air of bad feelings by pouring himself a drink and walking back to the company saying,

"Will there be refreshments? Tea? Scones? Cucumber sandwiches are always a winner."

Lia laughed. " I do love cucumber sandwiches."

Luther looked annoyed at the high man.

"What? No."  he then saw the cigarette clasped in Klaus grasp.
"And put that out. Dad didn't allow smoking in here."

Lia gently took the cigarette from her friends hand. "they're not good for you." she said softly before putting it out.

"Is that my skirt?" Lia asked, looking at the black material that Klaus had changed into.
"What? Oh, yeah, this. I found it in your room. It's a little dated, I know, but it's very breathey on the bits." Klaus explained, his arm around the smaller brunette.

She rolled her eyes. "Keep it you weirdo. It's too big for me anyways."

Klaus gasped in mock offence. "Is that a fat joke?"

Lia punched his arm. "I mean....you've grown out a bit," she said jokingly.

Klaus removed his arm from her shoulder "How DARE you-"

"Listen up." Luther interrupted. Lia rolled her eyes, collapsing on the sofa next to Diego, who ruffled her hair, causing the petite brunette to indignantly squeak and fix the mess he had made.

"Still some important things that we need to discuss, all right?"

"Like what? " Diego asked, the annoyance seeping through into his voice.

" Like the way he died." Luther responded, a tad dramatically in Lia's opinion.

Then again she couldn't talk. She was friends with Klaus after all.

Lia groaned and buried her face in Diego's shoulder.
" And here we go." she groaned, muffled by his shoulder.

"I don't understand. I thought they said it was a heart attack." Allison said, staring up at the taller man. Out of everybody she was completely oblivious to what Luther was insinuating.