Chapter 7: I'm about to take over

The screen flickered, projecting a view of the bustling city surrounding U.A. High School. Class 1-A stood in their hero costumes, anticipation buzzing in the air as they awaited instruction. Positioned at the forefront was Mailin, who had taken on the role of substitute teacher for the day.

"Today, I'm your substitute teacher for this lesson. So... combat training! Yes, that's what we're supposed to do! Hehe, I knew... I knew that," Mailin's laughter was tinged with nervousness as she struggled to maintain composure.

Feeling overwhelmed by memories of a tragic accident, Mailin curled up, seeking solace in her knees. Aizawa, recognizing her distress, offered a comforting pat on her shoulder.

Class 1-A exchanged skeptical glances, unsure of what to make of their substitute teacher's behavior.

"Isn't she the other nurse?" Deku's confusion mirrored that of his classmates as he sought clarification from Ochako.

Ochako nodded in confirmation. "Yes, she has a quirk that allows her to heal others with water."

Mailin motioned to the students, her demeanor shifting abruptly. "You! You will fight the most powerful 'villain.'"

Deku's excitement spiked at the mention of a formidable opponent. "We'll fight All Might?!"

A dark chuckle escaped Mailin's lips, her usual light blue aura morphing into a foreboding shade of black. "No... oh no," her voice deepened, sending shivers down the spines of her audience.

"Then who will we fight?" Iida's confusion mirrored that of his peers.

Once again, Mailin chuckled darkly, a sense of unease permeating the room as her demeanor took a sinister turn.

Wishing to disappear, Mailin attempted to retreat into her seat, pushing away any attempts at comfort from her students.

"You'll fight... ME!" Her eyes glowed ominously, the darkness within them stirring fear and confusion among the class.

"But... but sensei... you don't really fight?" Kirishima voiced his uncertainty.

Mailin chuckled, her laughter morphing into an eerie, villainous tone. "Oh, I can fight!"

With a growl, Bakugou propelled himself toward her, explosions erupting from his right hand. Simultaneously, Kirishima charged at their substitute, his left arm transformed into an impenetrable shield of hardened material.

Explosions echoed, shrouding the area in thick smoke, obscuring the scene from view. As the smoke dissipated, the class gasped in disbelief.

There stood Mailin, effortlessly restraining Bakugou's and Kirishima's fists with her own hardened hands, explosions emanating from their contact.

"How?" Bakugou demanded, incredulous at the turn of events.

Mailin merely laughed, effortlessly hurling the two boys away. They crashed against a nearby building before collapsing to the ground, unmoving.

"Kacchan! Kirishima!" Midoriya's voice rang out, filled with concern.

With a sinister grin, Mailin lifted herself up on a spiral of water, her prowess evident in the face of her students' astonishment.

Todoroki launched an attack with his ice, aiming directly at Mailin. However, she countered with a massive fireball, obliterating the ice in a spectacular display.

Todoroki stared in disbelief at the scene unfolding before him, his expression mirroring the shock of his classmates.

With fluid motions, Mailin manipulated the water around her, using it as a weapon against her students, demonstrating her formidable combat skills with ease.