Twenty-Nine

Lucifer's POV.

"Sir, your 2:30pm meeting is here." my secretary, Carrie Dickson said as she came in to drop some papers to sign or checked by me. She place them neatly on my desk and stood up straight and wait for my respond.

"Okay, sent him in." I said as I sign some paper and hand it to her as she nodded and left.

I heard a knock. "Come in." I said as the door open.

"So, this is where the Great Lucifer has been all these years." I looked up and to my surprise, it was the last person I wanted to see all these years. Christian Grayson.

Christian Grayson was partner and an old friend from college. Luke, James, Christian and I created our first Mafia gang together. I was still the leader, while Christian was my right-hand man. I left the gang two years ago, because. One, my father wanted me to take over the company. Two. I have no time to rule over the Mafia gang, and lastly I don't want to put a bad name on the company that my grandfather and father build.

I left the gang with Luke and James, and gave Christian the title and made him leader of the 'Black Spirit Gang.' We were the top and then the 'Wolf Gang' took over the top and put us the second on the list.

Four months ago, Christian call me up and told me to join his gang again, I didn't want to. That's the reason I was kidnapped by him, and there's the first time I was save by Marie and her gang.

"What do you want Christian?" I said as I closed my laptop and straighten some of my papers.

"Well, I know that you won't come back to the gang, but it will always be open to you. Beside we started this gang together."He said as he gave me an evil  smile. " I just want to visit my old friend."

"I know that smile." I said as I glare at him, I know something is up. "Christian, if you try-"

"Oh come on Lucifer, I will never do anything to make our friendship go to waste." He said as he smirked. "I just want to see my old best friend that's all. It's been long since we hang out."

"Well, you're right, but we all grew up and move on with life." I said as I stood up. "Chris for the last time I'm not coming back. I have no time with the Mafia world." I turn and looked at the view of the city.

"But does Marie know that you are in the gang?" I looked back at him. He laughed. "I wonder what she will think about you when the truth is out?"

"What are you talking about?" I ask confused. Before he answer my question, my office door open wide.

"Miss, you can't go in there." My secretary said, has the person stood froze. Marie.

Carrie look at me. "I'm so sorry sir, I try to stop her. Do you want me to-" I stop her but holding up my hand like the stop sign.

"No Carrie its alright." I said as I look away from Marie. "You can leave now." She nodded and closed the door behind Marie.

I walk up to Marie, she look different like she was crying, because her eyes were puff and red. When I got to her, she took a step back from and shake her head 'no'

"Don't you dare come near you fucking liar." She said angrily.

"Wh-" I didn't finished my sentence when my face turn the other and I felt pain on left cheek. She slap me.

"You fucking lie to me, I knew I shouldn't trust you." She threw a picture at me and it fell on the ground. I picked is up and froze.

It was a picture of me, with Luke, James and Christian.

"I trusted you, I open up my heart to you and told you about my life, I let you in when I know I was not suppose to tell anyone, but you." I look up at her, saw tears falling down. I wanna to wipe them away but I couldn't get near her.

"And I came here to ask you if it was true, I wanted you to tell me it was a lie, but you were stand in the same room as the devil himself." She point out Christian standing behind me.

"How could you? Now that he knows all about me and the girls." I shake my head no.

"No I will never tell him about it, you have to believe. I will never do anything to hurt you. It will the last thing I will ever do." I said and move forward her and grab both her hands, she looked down pulled her  hand away.

"Don't touch me." I said and wipe away her tears. "I don't want to talk to or see you anymore in life again." She looked away from me and glare at Christian. "If its war you want?" She walked passed me and walked towards Christian. "You got yourself a war, make sure you watch your back Chris." Her forward to him ear. "Cause I would if I were you."

She smile and punch him in the face, he fell to the ground and groan. I hear a crack.

I stood there as she turn and look at me. "Marie, please just let me explain I-"

"Explain what? There is nothing to explain, because." She closed her eyes and took a breathe, I saw tears falling again. She shake her head and open her eyes and look straight into mine. "Because we are done." She finally said it. My world came crashing down into piece.

She walked passe me by I grab her arm turn her towards me. "You can't do that, please Rie I love you so much, please don't do this. Please I will do anything, anything you want." I begged, I never beg but will her I just won't let her go.

I crash my lips onto hers, and start to kiss her like there was no tomorrow. She didn't kiss me back, she try to push me but I already wrap my arms around. She bit my bottom lip so hard, I could taste blood, so I pulled away.

She finally push me away and slap me hard, I let her go. "You think you can kiss me and make it all go away, this anger and hate I feel right now. You betrayed me, I gave you my heart and you just step on me." She said angrily. "You think it will change anything? You think its funny to play with someone's heart and throw them to the trash like it was just like some dump toy. Well, congratulated Lucifer, you finally broke me."

"I'm really sorry, but its not what you think it is. Yes, I was in the gang with Christian. Yes, I lie to you about me being in the Mafia world and being the enemy you thought I am. But I will never betrayed you, never in the million years Rie. You have to believe." I said as I got on my knees. "I will kill myself if I ever hurt you Rie. Please, I'm on my knees, begging you." She looked away.

"I'm sorry Lucifer, I just can't." She finally to into my eyes and turn away and left.

I never thought I will feel this way, I feel broken and hurt. I stood up and went to my desk and open the draw and pulled out my gun. And I look down on Christian on the floor.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I know its been some long since I update my book, but we all a life to live.

Hope you enjoy this Chapter.

Don't forget to: VOTE⭐ and COMMENT👍