Prologue

1899

Isa sya sa mga sundalong Amerikano na tumulong upang kamtin ng Pilipinas ang kalayaan. 21 ako at 24 sya ng magkakilala kami.

"Frank, just go. I do not want you to die." I cried.

"But Diana, I cannot leave you here."

"They will kill you if you would not follow their order to go back to America."

"Diana, I want to be with you. I do not want to leave you. I cannot protect you if I am there."

"I will be fine."

"Then come with me. We will live in America Diana."

"No, I cannot leave my family here in the Philippines. Forgive me my love."

"I understand. I promise that I would return and I want you to know that I would never regret that I betrayed my country which I served most of my life for I have told you about The Treaty in Paris. Just take care always until I come back." As he kissed my forehead before he got escorted by his fellow soldiers.

He was deported the next day.

The Americans won the war against my fellowmen.

The war officially ended on July 2, 1902, with a victory for the United States. However, some Philippine groups—led by veterans of the Katipunan, a Philippine revolutionary society—continued to battle the American forces for several more years.

Among those leaders was General Macario Sakay , a veteran Katipunan member who assumed the presidency of the proclaimed Tagalog Republic, formed in 1902 after the capture of President Emilio Aguinaldo. Other groups, including the Moro and Pulahan peoples, continued
hostilities in remote areas and islands , until their final defeat at the Battle of Bud Bagsak on June 15, 1913.

The war resulted in the deaths of at least 200,000 Filipino civilians, mostly due to famine and disease.

In 1902, the United States Congress passed the Philippine Organic Act , which provided for the creation of the Philippine Assembly.  7 years passed by and he never came back.

I got married to someone else and had my own family. I love them with all of my heart.