Going Off Topic

"How would you like to accompany Josh and me to a club Friday?" Olivia asked out of the blue. A box fell from the tall stack of boxes Jade was carrying in her arms.

"I thought you left!? Jade said through the boxes. She moved to her side to take a better look at Olivia. "It's almost closing time!"

"Yea well, I did leave Ms. Skank, but I came back to talk to Josh," Olivia said with a smile.

"Oh..."

"Anyway, answer my question! Do you want to come with us or not?" Jade walked a couple of steps and sat the boxes down on a table, bending to pick the other off the floor. Thank goodness they were empty!

"I don't know," Jade said swiping at her forehead.

"We can celebrate you getting that dorm room..."

"I haven't gotten the dorm yet Liv," Jade reminded her friend. She placed her hand on the table, where the boxes were, and leaned on her arm.

"Who gives a fuck about that? Will you just answer the goddamn question?" Olivia said putting her hands on her hip.

Jade sighed defeated. "Sure, what's the club name?"

"Atta girl, I knew you wouldn't let me down. It's that new club that just opened called 'Hot Damn'" Olivia told Jade.

"Whoa wait a minute! You mean that new club, where you have to be 21 or up to get in?" Jade asked questioningly, her voice rising slightly.

"Yea..."

"Do you honestly think that their going to allow a 20 and 19 year old into this club?"

"No, but..."

"And no way in hell am I going to be sneaking in or buying one of those fake ids's."

"Shut up!" Olivia yelled. She nervously looked around at the people who were looking at her and gave them an apologetic smile. "Look, Josh knows the guy who just opened it and he owes him a favor, so he's going to get us through. Please come with us!" Olivia said, giving a pout.

"Ok, ok, ok, I just don't want to get in trouble," Jade mumbled out. Olivia smiled and flung her arms around Jade's neck, giving her a tight hug.

"Thank you, I just didn't want to go out with him alone. Just in case he gets boring I can chill with you," Olivia winked at Jade, letting go of her neck.

"Jade, Olivia," Josh said walking towards them. "Its closing time, so I think you girls should get going," he informed both girls.

"I'm going back to my dorm then. Jade do you need a ride?" Olivia asked sweetly.

"NO! NO! NO! I don't need a ride from you...hell on wheels!" Jade said, faltering the last part out.

"Whatever! See you tomorrow!" Olivia waved at Jade and smiled at Josh. "See you much later!" she said to Josh. Jade observe Josh as he smiled and watched Olivia sway out the store. Maybe, she had him pinned wrong and he did like Olivia. That's what she needed!

"I better get outside before Zach thinks I left with some stranger. I'll see you tomorrow," Jade said to Josh, passing him quickly.

"I called him and told him not to bother, I can take you home," Josh replied. He didn't say that!

"You told him you were going to take me home?" Jade turned around and asked him. Josh smiled and shook his head casually.

"I want to spend more time with you Jade..."

"Josh...I don't think that's wise because..." Jade interrupted him. Josh took a step towards her, his smile widening.

"Don't say anything; I just want to be with you. Is that such a crime?" Josh asked. Jade looked down at her feet and sucked her teeth.