An Agreement...Sort Of!?

Early in the morning, Jade could be found sneaking past Zach's door. She didn't bother to wake him up to take her to school, deciding it was best. She grabbed a bag of chips out the kitchen and walked as quietly as possible out the front door. A breeze blew pass her face as she inhaled the morning air. Looking down the street, she saw a woman on the side waving her hand out. Suddenly, a cab stopped and the woman jumped inside.

"Guess I have to get one of those suckers!" Jade said, walking down the, townhouse, steps.

She stopped walked up the sidewalk a little to get away from the townhouse's eyes, just as precaution if Zach was to wake up and notice her trying to catch a cab. She stopped walking when she hit the next block and caught a cab. It was a little weird by not having Zach take her to school, but she couldn't face him just yet. It wasn't just the fact of what happened last night, but what's been happening to her hormones. Jade noticed her face was a little droopy in the reflection of the cab window, which was probably the cause of the little bit of sleep she got at night, and groaned.

She held onto her book bag and watched decided to watch everything go by. The blurs of people, that the cab passed, reminded her of her life. Everything was moving along so fast and not all of it was so bad. Especially, with what's been going on between Zach and her. She blushed and covered her cheeks, just the thought of last night. What he had said about him making her want something that was forbidden really got to her. She wanted Zach with every moral fiber of her being, but yes it was forbidden! At first, she wanted him, but last night...he made her feel...so...vulnerable that it scared the hell out of her!

"That will be $15.43 ma'am!" the cab driver said, snapping Jade out of her daze.

"Here you go and thanks!" Jade responded, handing the money to the driver.

"What an improvement!" Olivia yelled at Jade from behind, as she got out of the cab. "Where's that annoying biker stepbrother of yours? Is he sick?"

"Actually, I didn't think it was necessary for him to take me today. I have to have some kind of independence," Jade preached to Olivia. She fanned her face and looked up at the sky, shielding her eyes. "Wow, I can't believe it's so hot. You would think that in late November it would be getting cooler."

"Well that's how it is around here, you just got to get use to the weathe...r," Olivia trailed off, looking at Jade strangely.

"What? What is it? Do I have something in my teeth?" Jade asked frantically picking at her teeth.

"No, but you have a red mark that looks like a..." Olivia said and stopped. She took in deep breath, covering her mouth with her hands. "HICKEY! It's a hickey isn't it? Oh my god, who gave that to you, I must know!?" she hysterically said, groping at Jade's neck trying to get a better look.

"Get off! Get off!" Jade yelled trying to get away from the manic that was holding her neck. Jade coughed a bit after she got away from Olivia's grasp. "Are you nuts? You almost killed me!"

"If you don't tell me who gave you that hickey I am going to kill you," Olivia warned.

Jade rubbed her neck opened one eye to look at Olivia. "I don't have a hicky. I've probably been rubbing my neck to much...or I slept on it wrong or something!"

"Don't lie! I've had a lot of hickeys before and I can spot one a million miles away. So, you might as well tell me who gave it to you," Olivia said tapping her foot. Jade tried not to laugh as she looked at Olivia. She looked like a mother that just caught her daughter in a bad situation or something.

Jade smiled and walked away. "I'm not going to tell you anything. I have a class to get to. See you doll!" Jade said and waved goodbye.

"That's not right Jade and you know it! Bitch!" Olivia screamed at Jade. Jade giggled and began to skip. Zach had given her a hickey and she felt happy about it!