Oh Hell

"Ow...will you just do it," Jade said softly.

"I don't want to do it and hurt you," Zach said.

"Please Zach..."

"Ok, but I did warn you."

A grunt was heard through out the dim lit room.

"Ow! Ow! Stop...it hurt's. It's too big!" Jade whined. "Are you sticking it in the right spot?"

"Of course I am, do I look like an amateur?"

"Hell I don't know do you usually apply large bags of ice to ankles?" Jade asked.

Zach smiled while wrapping the brace around a bag of ice, around Jade's right ankle. "I may not be a male certified nurse, but I think the ice will do your ankle justice. There that looks good," Zach said admiring his work. "I hate to use the cliché of I told you so, but I told you not to carry that heavy bag up the steps or you'd hurt yourself."

Jade sighed sorely. "I could have carried that fucking bag up those steps, if I didn't lose my footing."

"I believe you," Zach told her. "I'm going to go and get the rest of the bags, k?" Zach tenderly kissed the top of Jade's head and got off of her bed.

"Hey Zach?" Jade asked, before he made it out of her room.

Zach turned around. "Yea?"

"Mind if you get my phone, so I can call Olivia's cell? I promised I would call her once I got home."

"Sure," Zach said and walked over to Jade's desk, where her phone was. He grabbed the phone and gave it to Jade.

"Thanks!" Jade yelled at Zach, as he left out of her room. She winced at the pain in her right ankle when she moved slightly on her bed. Grabbing a pillow, from behind her, Jade folded it up and placed it underneath her ankle for a bit of leverage. She chuckled lightly, thinking about the fall down the steps, about what made her foolishly take the bag. Looking down at the phone she pressed in Olivia's cell phone number.

"Hello!?" Olivia's voice echoed. Jade couldn't help, but think she sounded a little bit sleepy.

"Hey Liv, it's Jade. Are you ok?"

"Oh yea I'm doing well enough. Why do you ask?"

"You sounded a bit sleepy, but I guess it doesn't matter," Jade added, trying to get more comfortable on her bed. "So...umm...tell me about that thing on last Friday, how did it go?" Jade had already told herself that she was going to tell Olivia about Josh's intentions, but she didn't know how. Maybe, if Olivia said the date went terrible, that would be a wonderful time to fill her in.

"Oh that!" Olivia perked up. "It was awesome; he's the sweetest, nicest and sexist guy ever!"

"So, I take it you two had fun?" Jade said questioningly.

"Hell yea! The dancing, eating, drinking and the conversations we had were awesome. I really think he's into me!"

"Really!? Um...are you sure about that?"

Olivia scoffed. "I think he is because why would the guy sleep with me?"

"WHAT!?" Jade yelled into the phone.

"Damn girl, don't blow my ears out!"

"Wait a minute...you slept with Josh on Friday night?" Jade asked a bit surprised. Olivia wasn't the type to sleep with a guy on the first date... second and third maybe....but never the first.

"Ok, this is how it went," Olivia said. "Friday we went to the club and got to know one another. He told me that he liked me and I just thought he was trying to fuck with me, but I was wrong. He was a complete gentlemen, didn't even give me a goodnight kiss. So when we were at my door he asked me would I like to go out again. Of course, I said yes, who wouldn't want to go out with that hunkable hunk?" Olivia laughed. "Anyway, we went out Saturday through Tuesday and had a blast. He asked me what I would be doing on Thanksgiving Day, as you know I wasn't going to be doing anything, so I told him I had nothing to do. Then out of the blue he asked me if we could spend it together! Can you believe it!?"