Nothing More

Josh stood, looking at Jade. "That's what you had your mind on."

"Josh..." Jade sighed out.

"Hey, man can I talk to you for a minute?" Zach butted in, softly grabbing Josh's shoulder. Jade watched in curiosity as a few whispers were exchanged between the two. Too bad her ankle was hurting like hell or she would be listening in on the two. "Thanks," Zach said, patting Josh's back. They moved to the front door and Josh flashed Jade a smile before walking out.

Jade looked in the window to watch Josh drive off.

"So, how's the ankle?" Zach asked, walking into the living room with a smile.

"Wha....wha..." Jade stuttered.

"Let me get that ice," Zach said, reaching for Jade's ankle. Attentively he took the bag of ice, which now turned to water, from out of its dark spot in the brace. Jade watched Zach go into the kitchen to throw the bag away, coming back to the couch. He picked her feet and placed them on top of his legs. "What would you like to watch?"

"What....what would I like to watch?" Jade began as calmly as possible, but anger could be heard in the back of her throat.

"Yes, what would you like to watch?" Zach asked again. "Or are you hungry? If you are I can stir something up for you..."

"Shut up and tell me what the hell you said to Josh!" Jade yelled. She expected him to tell her, she expected him to do just that, but instead he pulled her into his lap.

"I told him what he wanted to hear," Zach said quietly.

Jade looked up at him blankly. "Like I know what the hell that means..."

"I told him what he wanted to hear and that's all you need to know."

"But..."

Zach tenderly kissed Jade on her lips to silence her. "Mmm...just don't worry about it ok? Trust me," Zach said, giving Jade another kiss. "You do trust me right?"

"Uh...yea, I do," Jade said quietly, leaning into Zach's chest. His arms instantly wrapped around her body possessively when she did. She looked up at his face, which was staring at the TV, and she smiled weakly. Of course she trusted him, more then anything, but something in her stomach told her that everything wasn't ok. Not wanting her to go into details with him at the moment, Jade laid her head on his chest. His heartbeat played through her ears and it was very soothing, making her forget everything.

"Are you tired?" Zach asked softly, as he stroked her hair.

"Just a bit...but I just want to stay here for a while," Jade told him. She moaned softly when Zach picked her up off of the couch. "No, I don't want to go to bed yet, I want to be with you," Jade squealed, when Zach began walking up the stairs. None of the words that floated out of her mouth seemed to reach his ears because she was in her bedroom. She got ready to land on her bed, but was amused when Zach sat her in her desk chair.

"Stay there," Zach advised Jade as he walked to the other side of her bed. Jade smiled and wrapped her arms around her legs.

"What are you doing boy?" Jade asked, when turned down her bed sheets.

Zach sent her a halfway smile. "I'm trying to get you set for bed. Now, you like to wear the black faded shirt when you go to bed?"

"Uh...yea, but how did you know..."

"I...I...may have...checked you out before our words were exchanged," Zach said, walking over to Jade's closet.

"What words are you speaking of?" Jade asked.