Time for Us

"I never thought that I could feel something like this. The way our love spread like a wildflower. The way a lion feels after catching her pray. For the first time I am alive, like the wind, like the world. My soul and passion is now his and his alone. I dare not say it outloud, but my heart could break in two if it wasn't..."

Jade heard a distant sound playing through hear head. She opened her eyes groggily to find the voice. Why was it every time she found herself waking up it was always to someone talking to her? Blurs showed up here and there, but none that she didn't recognize-because it was her room after all- until her eyes played upon a moving figure. It wasn't so much as moving, as swaying from side to side. Jade hugged her pillow closer to her body, as she could finally focus on Zach's figure. He still wasn't wearing anything except for his boxer's and was now sitting at ease in her desk chair.

That's right he had stayed the night with her, for once in their townhouse. Her eyes softened and she squeezed the pillow, she held in her arms, just a bit tighter out of happiness. How could she have forgotten they had embraced one another all night? She had woken up maybe once or twice to look over his sleeping face, or to make sure it wasn't a dream and he was still there.

"Good morning," Jade lightly told Zach. Her heart began to beat in her chest when he replied with a smile. Her eyes lingered over his form and finally noticed he was holding a piece of paper in his hand. "What's that?"

"...for his love," Zach finished. "A Piece of Love, written by Jade Harris."

Jade smiled shyly. "I see you've been pining through my things."

"So...you aren't upset at me?" Zach asked.

Jade giggled and pulled her sheets back, exposing her body. "No, I'm not upset at you." She stretched and yawned, smoothing her hands down her body. For the first time in the last couple of months, Jade felt alive and invigorated.

"How about we just stay in today, instead of going out," Zach said boldly. Jade watched his eyes loiter over her body and rolled over to the other side of the bed.

"You are so perverted," Jade laughed when she got off the bed.

"Me...perverted...what about you and last night?" Zach chuckled, throwing down the paper he had in his hand. He stood up, walking over to the side of the bed where Jade was standing. "Who was the one, who all at once, decided she wanted to get freaky?"

"I wasn't getting freaky last night," Jade argued.

"Oh yea? Well what was with, "I'm trying to seduce you Mr. Harris" comment about?" Zach questioned, stroking his chin slowly.

Jade smiled, while walking to the closet. "Now, that was..."

"What?" Zach asked, following behind her.

"Ugh, I just got to into it. Every sense that I had in my body just faulted to you." Jade browsed around her closet, trying to look for an outfit to wear for the day.

"So, you of all people, just lost self-control?"

Jade laughed, while not turning around. "I lost my self-control." She rejoiced to herself when she finally found the outfit she was looking for. It was still wrapped in the same white box as before. She took the box slowly out of the closet and sighed cheerfully.

"Is that?" Zach began to ask.

"Yes, it's the dress that's supposed to have been my Christmas present. I just thought today would be a good day for me to wear it. Don't you think?" Jade asked.

"It would," Zach agreed, smiling. "Let me go then and throw something on," Zach said, kissing Jade on the lips.

"We can meet one another downstairs in fifteen minutes," Jade told Zach as he began to walk out of the room. "What do you say?"